Headquartered in Taylor, Mich., Atlas Oil is the inaugural Simon Group Holdings company. Since our founding in 1985, Atlas has grown through technological and operational innovation, all while maintaining our unwavering commitment to customer success. Atlas offers single-source solutions for fuel, transportation and logistics and is one of the largest fuel distributors in the country, delivering over 1 billion gallons of fuel annually to customers in 47 states. We have an active real estate division and are engaged in transportation logistics and fueling including bulk, fleet, event, onsite, emergency response, and oil field services.
Atlas has a unique, entrepreneurial culture. We work hard, love what we do, focus on customers and have fun in the process! Our phenomenal growth is attributable to our people and that’s why we are successful in recruiting top talent. As an Atlas team member, you’ll receive the support of the entire Atlas team and be encouraged to learn and grow with us.
Atlas Oil offers its employees a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision options. We also offer life insurance, 401k that includes a company match and paid time off. In addition to that, we offer tuition reimbursement to assist our team members in their professional development.
If you are driven to be the best you can be and are looking for an organization to match your high standards, look no further!
The primary function is driving a tanker truck to various customers in a local setting, loading and unloading bulk petroleum products, and completing assigned paperwork. There is exposure to dust, fumes and high noise levels. Required to drive occasionally in hazardous conditions, including weather, tight quarters, and blighted areas. Compliance with all DOT, Company and Safety Policies, procedures and practices.
- Complies with all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Company policies, procedures, and practices, including Safety Rules and Regulations
- Ensures truck is loaded properly with correct product for each drop location
- Delivers products in correct quantities as instructed by Logistics Coordinator
- Loads chemicals as instructed at designed truck rack
- Completes documentation consisting of Bills of Lading (BOL), Inventory, DVIR’s (Pre and Post Trips), Orders, and Fuel Ticket copies. Ensures tickets match orders
- Performs general maintenance on truck during shift, including but not limited to: checking oil and fuel levels.
- Completes Pre-Trip procedure and ensures spill kit, fire extinguisher, and truck permit paperwork are on/in the truck
- Provides friendly, courteous, and professional service to customers
- Keeps Logistics Coordinator/Logistics Team Leaders informed of any potential customer issues, complaints, spills, leaks, incidents, accidents or injuries or vehicle problems
- Completes work as assigned by Logistics Coordinators. Completes route as assigned in an efficient and safe manner
- Informs Maintenance of any vehicle issues
- Ensures truck is kept clean and cab is cleaned daily
- Informs Logistics Coordinator and Logistics Team Leader immediately of any DOT fines, citations, or other relevant issues
- Complies with Performance Measures, including:
- Avoids overfills, spillages or transmixes during deliveries or while loading and unloading
- Deliveries are made in an efficient and safe manner
- Minimizes delays on routes
- No tickets or moving violations
- Logistics Coordinator/Team Leader are satisfied with work performance
- Customer is satisfied with work performance (evidenced by lack of complaints)
- Notifies, in advance, Logistics Coordinator/Team Leader of any absence, late arrivals or early departures consistent with policies, procedures and practices
- Truck is neat, clean and in proper operating condition at the end of each shift
- Paper work and reports are up-to-date and accurate
- Tardiness and absenteeism is within the acceptable range
- Logistics Coordinator/Team Leader is continually kept in formed of any potential problems with customers, jobs, delivery deadlines, accidents, tickets, injuries or other relevant matter
- Supplemental Job Functions to Include:
- Attends all scheduled Driver Meetings
- Identifies potential sales leads via route/customer communications
- Other related duties as required
- Possess a CDL A license, with proper endorsements and medical card
- Minimum of two (2) years experience driving
- Physically capable of using equipment to load and unload tanker trucks, including pulling hoses and climbing onto the top of the tanker
- Physically capable to participate in Heavy lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, carrying hoses/nozzles weighing 50 lbs
- Experience driving in snow, ice, tight corners, and other weather conditions
- Acceptable driving record with no major convictions within the last three (3) years. No more than three (3) minor convictions in the last three (3) years and no more than six (6) points on driving record
- Provide at least three (3) current job references
- Able to withstand exposure to dust, fumes, and high noise levels
- Able to communicate effectively in order to take instructions from Logistics Coordinator/s, Logistics Team Leaders, co-workers, and customers.
- Must be competent at math to verify quantities and volumes.
- Must be able to read and understand road signs, instructions, routes and other paperwork
- Demonstrate patience during load/wait times/traffic
- Pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen test
- Primarily outside work, driving large tanker vehicle
- Able to drive for long periods of time
- Physically challenging position with climbing on/off truck and loading/unloading
- Frequent stress related work due to transportation delivery logistics and responding to customer issues/concerns
- May be required to work alternative shift, long hours, or on weekends and work additional assigned loads in compliance with DOT regulations
Required Education & Certification:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent