Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Co. has been providing full service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region. Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and customers. The company's overall work force has grown and as we move forward, we foresee continued expansion throughout the Northeast.
Rich Fire Protection, a subsidiary of Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Company, has been a leader in the fire protection industry for more than 30 years. The reputation of our firm is well regarded and recognized throughout the construction industry. Located in Pleasantville, New Jersey and servicing clients throughout the immediate tri-state area, we are passionate about our work and commitment to excellence. We are experienced in all areas of the fire protection field including 3D design, fabrication, installation of fire sprinkler systems, maintenance and repair and project management.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for a Fire Sprinkler Inspector at our office in Pleasantville, NJ. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
The inspector is responsible to perform inspections of fire protection systems per NFPA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure customers are serviced at the highest level of satisfaction through quality courteous service, and by applying experience, knowledge and training.
- Thoroughly complete inspections in timely manner as scheduled and interface with Inspection Coordinator to ensure that the customer receives the work per proposed scope.
- Utilizes an online scheduling calendar to receive and understand the individual scheduled tasks, customer locations, and maintain other company documents as required (time sheets, safety audits, etc.).
- Maintain positive customer relationships and review inspection results with customer.
- Turn in required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Maintain equipment, supplies and company vehicle (if supplied) in good working order.
- Study and learn NFPA standards for the inspection and testing of fire protection systems. Stay current with code requirements, industry changes, and obtain NICET certifications.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Good verbal / written communication & Customer service skills
- Mechanical & Math Aptitude
- Exceptional computer & Apple IOs skills
- Professional and Organized
- Physical ability to lift 50 pounds
- Valid NYS License
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Any trade experience a plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Industrial, Commercial, & Residential building environment with moderate to high noise levels, and comfort with working at heights
- Mostly a physical demanding role. Majority of the daily demand is standing and walking stairs and climbing ladders
- Ability to be on the phone and computer consistently throughout the day
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"