Are you looking for a home for the best years of your career? A place where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals? Geosyntec is the place for you! We are seeking an exceptional Senior Remediation Engineer to help grow our contaminated site assessment and remediation practices in Sacramento, California. This position is well-suited for a talented, highly experienced individual who is interested in being a leader and contributing to innovative and challenging projects, including the financial and technical evaluation, design, permitting, and construction stages. Our client base includes a diverse mix of industrial, institutional and governmental clients.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? We expect that you will work on challenging technical projects while leveraging your existing knowledge and experience to help Geosyntec expand its current practices and capabilities through business development and client management. Some of the task-level or project management responsibilities you will be asked to do include:
- Evaluate contaminated sites and develop remediation approaches, including feasibility studies, removal action work plans, remediation design plans, and remedy implementation;
- Task and project management, including planning and implementing investigation and remediation projects, budgeting and budget management, adherence to schedule, quality, client satisfaction, and profitability;
- Business development; including bringing in new clients and obtaining repeat business from existing clients, leading proposal preparation, and developing and implementing a business development plan;
- Mentor, guide, and motivate junior staff assigned in the areas of project performance, cost, schedule management, client expectations and career development; work with employees to correct deficiencies;
- Prepare for and participating in meetings with clients, regulatory personnel, and other parties;
- Prepare, review, and manage technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals; and
- At times, job may also include fieldwork including multi-media environmental sampling, contractor oversight, and remediation system operations, maintenance, and construction.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA/MSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including technical conferences, in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 20%
- Overnight travel: Up to 20%
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to this next stage of your career. Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (civil, chemical, or environmental preferred). (required)
- Advanced degree the same. (preferred)
- Professional certification (P.E). (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 8 years of direct environmental consulting experience in the California marketplace; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Detailed understanding CalEPA and USEPA regulations. (required)
- Experience working at complex sites with a variety of technical challenges, including the assessment of contaminated soil and groundwater, environmental compliance evaluation, and stormwater management. [preferred]
- Outstanding track record for client management and technical leadership. (required)
- Experience with multi-disciplinary project teams. (required)
- Excellent leadership skills. (required)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.