Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Fire Protection has been providing full-service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region. Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and customers. The company's overall work force has grown and as we move forward, we foresee continued expansion throughout the Northeast.
At Davis-Ulmer we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for an Inspector at our office in Amherst, NY. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
FIRE SYSTEMS INSPECTOR
The inspector is responsible to perform inspections of fire protection systems per the NFPA.
- Ensure customers are serviced at the highest level of satisfaction through quality courteous service, and by applying experience, knowledge and training.
- Thoroughly complete inspections in timely manner as scheduled and interface with Inspection Coordinator to ensure that the customer receives the work per proposed scope.
- Utilizes an online scheduling calendar to receive and understand the individual scheduled tasks, customer locations, and maintain other company documents as required (timesheets, safety audits, etc).
- Maintain positive customer relationships and review inspection results with customer.
- Turn in required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Maintain equipment, supplies and company vehicle (if supplied) in good working order.
- Study and learn NFPA standards for the inspection and testing of fire protection systems. Stay current with code requirements, industry changes, and obtain NICET certifications.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Good verbal / written communication & customer service skills
- Mechanical & math aptitude
- Exceptional computer skills
- Professional and organized
- Valid state drivers license
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Any trade experience preferred; at least 2 years' trade experience a plus
- Previous experience in the fire protection industry preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid state Driver’s License required
- NICET Certification is preferred (or willingness and ability to obtain)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Industrial, Commercial, & Residential building environment with moderate to high noise levels, and comfort with working at heights
- Mostly a physical demanding role. Majority of the daily demand is standing and walking stairs and climbing ladders
- May need to lift objects up to 50 pounds
- Ability to be on the phone and computer consistently throughout the day
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran