Classic Industrial Services is dedicated to providing high-quality industrial construction services. We have been in business for over 25 years and our current area of focus includes industrial insulation, scaffolding, siding, and refractory services.
Job Title: Insulator Apprentice
Department: Omaha, Midwest
Reports to: Insulation Foreman
Management Role: Non-Manager
Salary Range: $20 /hour to $22 /hour
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Cutting and clipping bands
- Work under direct supervision of an insulator as trainee/assistant performing less-skilled tasks for number of years before moving into an insulator role.
- Shooting pins on walls
- Insulation Batt Installation Jobs
- Insulation Shaving & Removal Jobs
- Work Site Prep & Clean Up
- Load and Unload Insulation Materials
- Hand painting mastics, Caulking, installing screws
- Miscellaneous Construction Work
- Follow safety processes and rules
- Assisting the insulator that is performing the insulation duties
- Assisting the metal mechanic that is performing the duties of installing lagging
- Any other duties as assigned by the foreman or supervisor
- Install barricades for overhead work
- May also serve as a barricade watch
- May also serve as a flagman with the correct training by the safety department
- Lifting < 50lbs, bending, climbing, stooping, working at heights greater than 100 feet
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Construction industry experience is required
- Fabrication experience is a plus
- Mechanically inclined
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean record; in accordance to Company Policy
- Willing to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test
Formal Education and Experience Required:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or 3 [years] related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Up to 50 pounds.
- Walk (move, traverse) Frequently
- Used hands/fingers to handle or feel (operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, position) Frequently
- Climb (stairs, ladders) or balance (ascend/descend, work atop, traverse) Frequently
- Talk/hear (communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself, exchange information) Constantly
- See (detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, estimate, asses) Constantly
- Reaching : Often
Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions:
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the work environment is primarily construction-site based and may involve traveling between various geographic locations or projects. Employee will be required to wear personal protective clothing including but not limited to ear protection, eye protection, hard hat, gloves, and reflective gear. The employee will frequently be on active construction sites involving heavy machinery, cranes, and other vehicles. Work will involve occasional to frequent exposure to high places, confined spaces, noise, and weather elements.
Equipment and Tools:
Equipment used for job:
Constructions site visits may require: Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, High Visibility Vest, Etc.
List tools: None
List vehicles driven: Light Truck or car
Valid state issued driver’s license and a safe driving record required to operate company vehicle
Disclaimer: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Classic is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.