Job Title: IT Technician
Reports To: IT Manager
SUMMARY OF POSITION Mears Group is currently seeking a part time technician to join our nationwide IT support team and be based at our local office in Rosebush, MI at a starting rate of $17/hour. Our user base is growing and our support team needs to grow with it. This is an entry level position looking for someone with well-established technical skills and a desire to build on that foundation. An ideal team member would be enthusiastic about working with our user base one on one to troubleshoot and assist in resolving technical issues and roadblocks. In addition to the general user base, this position has an additional focus on the local accounting office and their specialized business needs.
Key responsibilities and expertise needs are as follows:
- Configuring hardware for deployments
- Providing basic technical support to our company’s rapidly growing user base
- Communicate basic computer procedures in a clear way to a variety of users including a primary base of inexperienced computer users.
- Learn current processes within our IT group quickly and be able to execute these processes efficiently.
- Weekly inventory of onsite equipment
- Generating reports and basic data entry
- Keep clear records of incident tickets and equipment changes in accordance to our standards
- On site administrative tasks
- High School Diploma or Higher
- Valid Driver’s License
- Intermediate comprehension of computers
- Well versed in operating computers with Windows operating systems as well as using and supporting Microsoft office applications.
- Experienced in operating Apple iOS mobile devices
- A solid foundation of troubleshooting skills
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Possess high level of attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Open minded to learning new techniques or methods
- Interested in expanding an existing knowledge base in the IT field and building
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS: General office physical demands which can include: the ability to sit, stand, stoop, kneel, bend and walk. The ability to lift or carry up to 25 pounds. The ability to sit for sustained periods of time. The ability to demonstrate the manual dexterity necessary to operate a keyboard.