CNUC is a highly experienced consulting and operations team with an unparalleled understanding of utility vegetation management (UVM) industry best management practices, and legal and regulatory requirements.
CNUC assists utilities in improving their UVM programs through inspection and auditing services, emergency response, consulting, and research, often combined with software and LiDAR solutions. CNUC also goes beyond operations by providing the largest and most comprehensive UVM benchmarking service in North America. As our company continues to grow, new opportunities are becoming available. CNUC is currently seeking Consulting Utility Foresters in Chico, CA. CNUC is able to offer assistance with relocations expenses.
- Identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along utility lines
- Customer notification and work authorization of vegetation management with private, local, state, and federal land owners
- Submit inspection results to utility clients with remediation recommendations
- Extensive drive time through the state inspecting vegetation management work
- Detailed data collection
- Daily utilization of GIS maps and planning software
- Supervision and auditing of tree crews on gas pipeline maintenance operations
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
- Degree in forestry or related field and/or experience in utility line clearance
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Superior tree and shrub species identification skills and knowledge of growth rates
- Ability to work independently with good time management
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills a priority
- ISA Arborist Certification desirable (or ability to attain within one year)
- Ability to travel and work in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- Proficient in map navigation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office and data collection software (GIS experience a plus)
- Company provided smart phone
- Company vehicle/ fuel card
- Clothing allowance
- Competitive wages/excellent benefits
- Ongoing training and credentialing
- Access to industry related training materials
- Ability to offer assistance with relocations expenses
Full-time positions include participation in an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) after 1 year of employment. Pre-employment and post-hiring drug screening is a condition of employment.
To apply, visit http://www.cnutility.com/careers/ and submit an application or send your resume to HR@cnutility.com.