Exciting Career Opportunity!
Human Resources Manager (PT)
The mission of the Washington Pavilion is to inspire, educate, entertain and enrich our region by creating opportunities for all to explore and experience the arts and science. Our vision is to be the region’s premier arts and science destination, inspiring lifelong discovery and inclusive experiences. The Washington Pavilion is the region’s home for the arts, entertainment and science. Located in a beautifully renovated historic building in downtown Sioux Falls, it is one of only a few facilities in the world to bring together under one roof the performing arts, visual arts, interactive science and educational opportunities.
The Human Resources Manager is an engaging position at the Washington Pavilion responsible for the overall administration, management and evaluation of Washington Pavilion Management, Inc (WPMI) human resource related functions, including recruiting and selection; on-boarding and employee development; performance management; compensation and benefits; policies and procedures; employee well-being & safety; and compliance with state and federal employment laws and regulations. The HR Manager will also have responsibility for submission and/or tracking of worker’s compensation information, OSHA logs, and FMLA records. This role will report to the CEO/President and work closely with the Accounting department to support Administration & the Executive team.
This position plays a key role in building relationships with staff and management while providing excellent HR support! Part-time position 25-28 hrs/week (potential opportunity for FT in the future), flexible schedule (4-5 days/week), day shift with flexible hours/discuss a shift that works best for you and supports our team, non-exempt position. Perfect part-time opportunity in the HR field!
What you get to do!
- Assist executive leadership, department directors and managers to recruit, screen and select talent that best meets organizational needs.
- Facilitate effective recruiting, on-boarding, training, and employee development opportunities to help employees grow and adapt throughout their tenure with the organization.
- Assist executive leadership and department directors/managers with performance management issues, i.e. evaluating staff performance, communicating results and/or development needs, and implementing improvement plans and/or corrective actions when necessary.
- Maintain organization’s compensation and benefits systems and plans; make recommendations for change and improvement as needed. New hire enrollment in benefits and manage open enrollment annually.
- Annually review and make recommendations to executive team for improvement of organizational policies, procedures, and practices; assist department heads/managers and employees in communicating and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- Work with Executives & Culture Committee to create and sustain a culture consistent with the core beliefs and values of the organization.
- Maintain employee well-being and morale issues, including areas of employee satisfaction and dissatisfaction, employee engagement and disengagement, and rates of turnover and retention. Conduct employee engagement surveys.
- Maintain knowledge of employment laws and pending changes; assure organizational compliance with all applicable local, state and federal employment laws and regulations; alert executive leadership team and directors/managers to any and all compliance issues.
- Coordinate separation related functions such as exit interviews, COBRA information, return of company property, etc. whenever a separation of employment occurs.
- Manage and maintain organization’s human resource information system (HRIS/Paycor) and files.
- Manage workers compensation claims, OSHA recording/log, safety training & FMLA.
- Provide direction and guidance to executive leadership team and department directors/managers regarding human resource issues and provide training.
- Plan and execute special events as directed.
What you need to be successful!
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or human resource management
- Minimum of 3 years experience required (5-7 years of HR management/generalist experience preferred)
- Experience reporting to or highly visible to the executive level
- SHRM or HRCI certification preferred
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel etc), PowerPoint; Payroll/HRIS; Applicant Tracking System experience
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills, including phone and electronic communications
- Demonstrated analysis, problem-solving, research and report writing skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Confident, professional, positive
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Must be effective at both strategic thinking and tactical execution
What we offer you!
A fun, engaging culture with excellent compensation for this part-time opportunity along with PT benefits - which include 401K, free membership to Washington Pavilion, discounts on tickets/shows/events, and discount at Leonardo's Café on-site, Washington Pavilion apparel, jeans on Friday and fun special events for staff!
If this is a great fit for you to work in an amazing place filled with creative energy and excitement, apply today!
EOE, Background Check