Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Retirement Savings (IPERS and/or 403(b))
- Paid time off and 9 company paid holidays
- Short Term Disability after 1 year of employment
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional benefits: Flexible Spending, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, Voluntary Accident, and Vision
The position is responsible for administering HACAP’s Human Resources Department, ensuring that is consistent with the agency’s mission and complies with federal, state, and individual program regulations. The primary responsibilities of HACAP’s Human Resource Department are hiring dynamic team members and keeping our team members employed.
SCHEDULE AND WAGE
Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm; $24.94 - $30.47 hourly depending upon education and experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides guidance on the development of human resources policies to meet organizational needs and comply with state and federal laws.
- Provides guidance on human resource issues to the Senior Management Team on a broad range of complex or new personnel issues or situations that may have an impact on the agency such as discrimination or harassment complaints and other employment liability issues, consults, and advice on labor relation issues.
- Plans, directs, implements, and oversees human resources activities such as employment, compensation, benefits, training, employee relations, and communications.
- Oversees research of local market rates for positions to assess the relationship to the organization compensation plan, recommending to the CEO if and where pay adjustments should be made
- Provides guidelines and oversees the management of human resources activities such as recruitment, performance reviews, benefits and sign-up, training and employee relations, and problem-solving requiring senior management intervention.
- Oversee Worker’s Compensation Program including loss prevention, employee accident reporting, and employer reporting.
- Assists in negotiating collective bargaining agreements
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings with human resources staff to exchange information, provide ongoing support/guidance and problem resolution.
- Directs the development and maintenance of human resources information systems to ensure record keeping and reporting requirements are accurate and timely.
- Analyzes trends at each location in turnover, hiring, promotions, separations, and grievances to determine support or action needed to adjust unfavorable trends.
- Ensures that human resources-related training is provided as appropriate to HACAP team members.
- Communicate human resource information with HACAP team members as needed.
- Stay current on employment/labor practices.
- Support the organization's mission, vision, values, policy, and procedure by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect personalization, commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to HACAP through quality job performance, a sense of responsibility for high achievement, professional appearance, awareness of current events throughout HACAP, and positive promotion of HACAP.
- Consistently work positively and cooperatively with fellow Team Members
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to respond to flexibly changing situations to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary
- Consistently come to work on time, working as scheduled, and leaving at the scheduled time
- Maintain appropriate attire and good grooming habits to support HACAP’s desire for safe and efficient operations, providing greater service and better customer relations.
- Must possess high integrity and ensure confidentiality of any information concerning an employee, client, family, financial condition, or personal peculiarities is strictly maintained
- Ensure that personal health information is protected during its collection, use, disclosure, storage, and destruction within HACAP as required by HIPAA.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field.
- A minimum of two years of Human Resources management experience.
- SHRM Certification Preferred
- Possesses technical writing skills.
- Has to experience in applying emerging technology in personnel administration.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Conditions of Employment
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid car insurance