Geosyntec is seeking an experienced Senior CAD Operator / Technician (Civil 3D) to support project needs in the Charlotte, NC office. The selected candidate will perform computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) for a variety of civil and geotechnical engineering design projects. We are seeking a motivated individual who can develop layouts, grading plans and details for civil engineering projects, including landfills, industrial sites, and utilities. Projects may also include mechanical drawing systems and opportunities to contribute from the conceptual design stage through construction.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drafting, editing, and finalizing design plans and details using appropriate and efficient methods while adhering to Geosyntec drafting standards;
- Understanding and visualizing overall civil engineering concepts in 3D, such as earthwork grading or stormwater drainage, and translating these concepts to design drawings;
- Analyzing sketches, notes, mark-ups, etc. to determine best approach to complete a drawing set;
- Managing production of drawing sets from creation, markup and modification to final design; and
- Working collaboratively with other Geosyntec employees to prepare design drawings and details and reviewing completed work products to ensure accuracy and quality.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- High School diploma or GED. (required)
- Associate’s or Bachelors’ degree. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 3 years of full-time experience performing CADD design work; or equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the prerequisite knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job. (required)
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Civil 3D (release 2015 or above). (required)
- Experience developing and working with grading plans, alignments, profiles, cross-sections, TIN surfaces, and earthwork volumes for landfills and other large civil design projects. (required)
- Experience using/incorporating land or aerial surveying/mapping data and files. (required)
- Strong reasoning, mathematical, and geometric skills. (required)
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Windows, Outlook, Word, and Excel. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits