Geosyntec Consultants is looking for an exceptional Senior-Level Engineer, Geologist or Scientist seeking a Leadership role in our New England Branch. The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years of consulting experience and an established practice focused on groundwater/soil characterization and remediation, sediment investigation/remediation, hydrogeology or water resources. Ambition, fundamental skills and interest in progressing into leadership roles such as department management is required.
Geosyntec is a dynamic employee-owned firm, which offers employees tremendous freedom to shape their careers by strongly embracing each employee’s intellectual passion and placing high value on technical excellence and company-wide collegiality. We are internationally known for novel technical solutions, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leadership is a cornerstone of Geosyntec’s sell-manage-do culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into the culture of the New England branch and Company, as well as Geosyntec’s administration, corporate and financial framework, and staffing protocols as you advance to the next stage of your career. You’ll be asked to take on a leadership role and achieve required business and client (internal and external) development, people management, and project management goals.
Some of the key responsibilities for this position Include:
- Aspire to lead a department, inclusive of a significant commitment in the development and execution of mentoring, training and career planning for staff; oversight and administration of the department; work load assessment and leveling; recruitment of senior and early career candidates; embracing and fostering Company culture; and providing individual as well as project performance assessments.
- Develop, win and manage project work from past and new clients in one of the following practice areas: groundwater/soil characterization and remediation, marine/freshwater sediment investigation/remediation, or water resources;
- Identify and develop successful client relationships and new business development opportunities with public and private clients on local, regional or national basis; and
- Technical leadership in providing services in one of the following practice areas: groundwater/soil characterization and remediation, marine/freshwater sediment investigation/remediation, or water resources.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the leadership, people and project management, technical and business skills necessary to remain successful consultants and strong leaders.
- Fieldwork: Up to 10%
- Overnight travel: Up to 20%
Your success is our success so we encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual's own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field. (required)
- Advanced degree in engineering or related field. (strongly preferred)
- Current certification, registration, or license appropriate to the candidate’s professional background. (required)
- Project management certification, business development training, and/or leadership training. (strongly preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 8 years of experience in environmental consulting; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Proven track record with recruiting, developing and mentoring staff. (required)
- Proven track record in business development and project management. (required)
- Proven track record with building, growing and leading a practice and group. (preferred)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
- Excellent writing and communication skills. (required)
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements related to environmental remediation. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for hard working individuals with exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.