What we're looking for
Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors (MMC) is looking for a Tool Shop Assistant to join our driven and dedicated team! With over 300,000 mechanical contracting projects completed and over 50 years of experience, we aim to hire the industry’s top talent.
- Assist with filling orders placed by field employees
- Scan tools & equipment in & out using the Tool Watch program
- Handle receiving of packages/mail
- Clean and test power tools and inspect tools following our company protocol
- General office maintenance (change bulbs, move furniture, shovel & salt sidewalks, paint floors, )
- Assist foreman with tool/hardware needs
- Keep tool room & dock areas clean, floors swept, trash emptied, organized.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- A strong knowledge of power tools and hand tools
- Mechanically inclined
- General knowledge of computers, specifically Microsoft Office products (Email, Excel, )
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Forklift certification, or ability to obtain
- Not afraid of heights
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs
- Valid driver’s license & clean driving record
- Excellent communication skills
- Can do attitude
- Must pass drug screening and random drug tests
For more than 50 years, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) has been designing, building and maintaining complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest. We are a fully-integrated large commercial mechanical contractor. We employ some of the industry’s best talent of engineers, tradesmen, project managers, and customer support. With over 1,400 years of combined experience, you’d be hard pressed to find a contractor who knows more about mechanical systems than we do.
MMC has been involved in the design and construction of some of the most prominent structures in the Midwest including, but not limited to: Walker Art Center, Target Field, Target Center, Xcel Energy Center, Mall of America, Radisson Blu Mall of America, Guthrie Theater, University of Minnesota (Multiple Buildings), Accenture Tower, LaSalle Plaza, and Wells Fargo Center
Temperature Controls, Plumbing, Pipefitting, Sheet Metal, Ventilation, Data Center Operations and Repairs, Mechanical Engineers, Mechanical Contracting, Mechanical Construction, Mechanical Engineering, Specialty Subcontractor, HVAC
Why work at MMC?
We Work As a Team. MMC fosters a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement. We operate as a team to design, build and maintain complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest.
- 401(K) match
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Flexible work environment
- Incentives for environmentally-friendly behavior
- Company events include volunteer and wellness activities, holiday parties, sporting events, and casual employee get-togethers ranging from summer grillouts to local happy hours