Company Name: Fischer Paper Products
Job Title: Controller
Location: Antioch, IL
You are an experienced finance professional who is comfortable performing as a strategic partner to the executive leadership team. You are confident in your abilities and eager to engage with all levels of management to drive financial capabilities and stewardship across the organization. You’ve found success working in the manufacturing sector in system, process, and people-focused roles.
You highly desire a dynamic position and a transformative career experience with a growing and innovative company.
Who We Are
With a 40+ year history, Fischer Paper Products is a successful, stable, and respected supplier to the foodservice industry specializing in providing quick, customized paper packaging solutions.
Fischer Paper Products is positioned for exciting growth and innovation. Continuous improvement is the foundation of our growth, allowing us to serve our customers in ways that ensure long-term mutual success. We seek employees who strive to meet these standards in a safe and rewarding working environment.
Fischer Paper Products offers a strong potential for growth, a business casual work environment, competitive wage commensurate with experience, an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, disability, vacation, 401(k) with matching contribution, and more.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Controller foremost has the responsibility to combine strategy with solid execution running day to day Finance, Accounting, and Information Technology. In this role, you will identify untapped potential and help maximize growth, profit, and organizational performance goals by providing financial leadership, analytics and support throughout the entire organization. Through the use of increased technology and strong process orientation, you will enhance all FP&A and performance management systems, educate and empower our workforce, improve decision making, and implement tools and processes that improve Fischer's collaboration, transparency, learning, and success.
- Hold oneself and Fischer Paper Products accountable for honest and ethical financial conduct and compliance, maintaining the highest standards
- Responsible for Accounting Dept. including G/L, operational costing, audits, compilation, etc.
- Responsible for IT Dept. and related Business Systems use and effectiveness
- Responsible for outside professional relationships with banking, auditors, legal and insurances
- Oversee all financial planning systems, strategies and initiatives
- Oversee all day-to-day aspects of financial systems including budgeting, forecasting, analysis, performance reporting, capital investment and project evaluation, and ad-hoc requirements
- Ensure consistent monthly, quarterly and annual communication of financial and operating results, with insightful analysis and commentary, to Executives / others as required
- Develop regular forecasts of revenue, profit and cash flow, and ensure functional plans/resources are aligned with business objectives
- Partner with Executive team to develop short and long-term strategic financial plans, ensuring Fischer has means to achieve aggressive growth plans and achieve financial targets for EBITDA, cash flow, ROI and ROA
- Design and implement architecture and technology standards for Fischer's FP&A, Business Intelligence, and management reporting solutions
- Help guide Fischer's strategic direction with solid business modeling and decision-analysis
- Provide thought leadership on business KPIs, drivers and areas of improvement
- Participate and/or lead special projects including business process and technology improvements
- Continuously improve tools and processes for FP&A, reporting, forecasting and performance management
- Work cross-functionally to analyze opportunities, synthesize findings, develop go-forward plans and turn recommendations into results
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA/CFA/MBA highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and full P&L within the manufacturing industry
- 10+ years of progressive financial responsibility and 5+ years of managerial experience
- 3+ years of experience with business systems, financial modeling, and business intelligence
- Superb analytical and quantitative skills; detailed and accurate
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills; proven history of building strong relationships with executives and department managers
- Macro and micro thinker with ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership ability with confident and humble presence; ability to motivate staff and manage through ambiguity
We Make it Easy
• Applying takes less than 2 minutes. No passwords or accounts to register or sign-in for.
• You are hired directly by the company – MRA does not make hiring decisions.
Founded in 1901, MRA is a nonprofit employer association that serves more than 4,000 employers, covering more than one million employees.
As one of the largest employer associations in the nation, MRA helps its member organizations thrive by offering the most comprehensive assortment of HR services, information, education, and resources to help build successful workplaces and a powerful workforce.
We partner with these companies working directly with their HR department and leadership to hire their talent. We are a direct line to the company, not an agency recruiter.