Responsible for the planning and engineering of client infrastructures focused on cloud platforms. This includes responsibility for technical design standards, process implementation, overseeing technical implementation, and ensuring that the implementation is according to design. Candidate must be able to work well in a small team environment and manage conflicting priorities well. Candidates must have very good written and verbal communications skills, with experience presenting to senior level audiences.
This is a remote opportunity, see details below.
• Install and configure patch management systems that deploy patches in an automated fashion to virtual and operating system platforms
• Design, install, maintain, and troubleshoot virtual and operating system platforms including AWS and Azure Solutions.
• Configure backup systems and ensure consistent and reliable backups of virtual and multiple operating system platforms
• Monitor and maintain system configurations to ensure security data integrity of virtual and multiple operating system platforms
• Monitor system availability and resource consumption of virtual and multiple operating system platforms
• Design and implement security related controls that enhance the security posture of the virtual platform, operating systems, and SAN storage systems
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical degree
• Minimum 7 years of experience working in the Information Technology field
• Minimum 3 years experience in Managed Services (MSP) environment
• Minimum 3 years experience with MS Azure, or AWS (preferably both)
• Practical experience with the cloud provider's tools, techniques, and best practices
• Broad Engineering background with working knowledge of Storage, Virtualization, Networking, Security
• Prior experience providing guidance and technical direction to peers
• Ability to operate in a small team environment
• Ability to manage multiple and/or conflicting priorities well
• Prior experience assisting with marketing and sales efforts preferred
• Vendor certifications a plus
• Must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Must work 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status.
• Participate in out-of-hours On-Call rotation.
• Occasional evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
Occasional travel may be required.
• Remote candidates must have at least 2 years experience working remotely.
• Remote candidates must be available to work 8:30 am to 5:00 pm EST.
• Preference with be given to local (Indiana) candidates.
• Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Employer-funded Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
• Company sponsored 401k
• Paid Time Off
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. With a team of more than 250 IT and business professionals, TCC serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. TCC is committed to providing the most cutting edge solutions, and with that, ensures they stay up-to-date on crucial certifications and affiliations. Among these are the highly accredited Microsoft Certifications.
TCC holds multiple MS Certifications, including a Gold Certification level in both Application Development and Hosting, as well as a Silver Data Center Certification. In addition to Microsoft, TCC is also a Registered Partner with Amazon Web Services (AWS), and a Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level III assessed development organization that utilizes the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standard processes for IT service management that focuses on aligning IT services with the needs of business. To maximize these practices, TCC encourages staff members to gain ITIL certifications, and even offers study courses and material in-house.