Looking for a place to grow your career, where you can support industry recognized professionals who are solving tough environmental problems? Geosyntec is the place for you! We have an opportunity available for a full-time Project Accountant in our Boca Raton, Florida corporate office. This position performs project accounting functions in line with company policies, government cost accounting principles, and contractual obligations, including system maintenance, project controls, system transactions, project revenue computation review, accurate project costing information maintenance and coordination of communications and activities between corporate project accounting, Regional Managers, Project Administrators and support staff.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project Administration Support
Assist and advise on project administration with the following:
- project initiation forms and/or client cost proposals;
- contract provisions and project set up in accordance with contract terms and Company policies, including, but not limited to:
- general project information;
- determination and assignment of project fee type;
- determination of the appropriate level at which the project is budgeted and the assignment of budget amounts at the determined level;
- management and review of appropriate budget increases per contract and company rules and requirements; and billing information;
- maintenance of billing rate and unit pricing schedules; and invoice adjustments;
- review of project revenue and cost calculations; and
- prepare ad hoc reports requested.
Perform analysis of project and branch financial data, including:
- assist Project Managers and in the financial evaluation of project performance;
- research and respond to project inquiries, as needed;
- develop data queries to assist in analysis of project and company hygiene;
- review branch contract and invoicing files for completeness;
- perform electronic timesheet administration procedures; and
- train Project Administrators.
Perform other related work as required.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with a major in accounting or finance. (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of three 3 years of progressively responsible experience in accounting; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Experience managing and coordinating the project accounting responsibilities for a professional services firm, preferably in an engineering firm environment. (required)
- Knowledge of job costing, contracts, billing, project revenue and cost calculations, and financial analysis. (required)
- Knowledge of government cost accounting standards and Federal Acquisition Regulations. (preferred).
- Strong experience with a mid-tier or higher accounting software package and Microsoft Office applications. (required)
- Experience building database queries. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest candidates in their respective fields. To be selected for this position, the candidate must possess exceptional interpersonal skills, outstanding oral and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, and the passion for excellence and quality.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding assignments, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical a\expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits