We are looking for an organized, detailed Payroll Assistant to support the company's Payroll and Human Resources systems with data compliance, integrity, reporting and project administration. This position will provide functional expertise for systems and process to support end users, while displaying a high degree of customer service, initiative, problem solving and timeliness in response to HRIS/Payroll information requests.
- One-year experience with Human Resource processes and payroll systems.
- Experience in documenting processes, as well as performing systems audits and testing preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidential employee information.
- Exceptional ability to gather and interpret data, and support HRIS/Payroll process improvements.
- Ability to collaborate, provide technical support, and train staff.
- Ability to travel to regional business units or job sites as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for or assists with entry, audit, compliance and process improvement of data inputs into the Systems to maintain data integrity.
- Physical and Digital file maintenance & audit.
- Provide HRIS production support, including system integrations and acquisitions.
- Support or lead workflow enhancement projects.
- Responsible for system testing and deploys any changes/enhancements to established system-generated business processes/workflows.
- Completes audits for compliance purposes, including data for governmental reporting requests as needed (such as EEO and AAP reporting, I9 and E-verify).
- Utilize existing & develop new reporting for audit purposes.
- Assist with Onboarding new employees; tracking workflows and filing employee paperwork.
- Provide general system related administrative support.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Customer service oriented
- Shows initiative and self-discipline
- Strong work ethic and time management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Team player
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily a stationary position for a considerable portion of the day (sitting and/or standing). The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. Must be able to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
- Travel to project sites, or other APi Group company locations as needed.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in plant environment. PPE required when in plant, yard or construction areas include:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses / Goggles
- Steel-toed Boots
- High Visibility Vest
- Hearing Protection (designated areas)
- Personal Fall Arrest Harness
For more than 100 years, Jamar has built a reputation as a solid partner delivering solid solutions. And, we don’t just hire anyone. We hire extraordinary people – the kind who:
- Share our values
- Never stop learning
- Care about the community
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Thrive in a team environment