Telecom Truck Driver – Class A CDL
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Mears Group, a Quanta Services Company, safely provides comprehensive infrastructure services to fiber, wireline and wireless carrier customers within the communications industry. With a focus on delivering for our customers the highest quality and service, we need smart, dedicated individuals that take pride in their work and have the savvy to thrive in a rapidly growing environment.
We are currently seeking an experienced Class A CDL Truck Driver in the San Jose, CA region. All candidates must adhere to strict safety standards while ensuring the highest quality of work is completed efficiently and timely.
- All phases of underground construction including but not limited to: Loading, driving, delivery, digging, removal and placement of various types, sizes and weight of construction materials and equipment
- Seeking a candidate with the ability to move and drive tractor trailers or truck and trailer combinations
- Perform safety checks of brakes, steering column, lights and mirrors prior to each leg of journey to ensure road readiness
- Follow and maintain loading protocols, using chains and binders to secure cargo and re-checking their stability throughout trips
- Inspect trailers before and after loading, paying attention to status of air lines and jack positions and adjusting them as necessary
- Contribute to company data by honestly recording times of delivery and hours worked
- Assist in unloading cargo when delivery sites are understaffed, maintaining product quality throughout conveyance
- Adhere to traffic safety regulations at all times, exercise caution in treacherous circumstances and report unsafe vehicle or road conditions to supervisors and highway authorities
- Must be able to drive without restrictions
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Skills):
- Class A CDL License
- Two years of experience working as a CDL driver with no safety incidents on record
- Flexibility to travel
- Construction experience is helpful though not required.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is performed most frequently outdoors in weather conditions that vary from below freezing temperatures to heat above 90 degrees, in wet and dry conditions and in rural areas. Employee’s may perform duties around energized and de-energized electric lines and equipment and moving mechanical parts. Work may be performed in confined spaces. Some exposure to odors, gases, dust and dirt may occur. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
Work is heavy and requires exertion of up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Lifting and carrying of 10 to 50 pounds frequently is required. Reaching and lifting overhead is frequent. Job requires standing, crawling, climbing, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling and reaching a majority of the time. Performs work on poles at heights of up to 75 feet, normally in awkward positions. May spend long periods of time driving and/or riding in line construction vehicles to reach remote areas of the service territory.
Subject to drug and alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations or as required by Mears.