Due to retirement planning, VIP Structures has an opportunity for a strategic finance officer. The Chief Financial Officer partners with the CEO and senior leadership on strategy formulation and presents financial implications for strategic options. Collaboration with senior leadership is key to this role in identifying business model innovations that can enable growth, mitigate risks, and deliver greater rewards.
We are uniquely positioned to fill this role to work alongside the incumbent CFO. This in tandem onboarding offers a great advantage for the selected successor to become well-versed in the intricacies of our integrated Architecture, Engineering, Construction & Development business. This adaptive learning experience combined with a strong background in real estate development will position the successor to drive operational innovation well into the future.
Ideal candidates will have a strong background in real estate development, financing strategies and instruments and be well-versed in the complexities of the development process; be diligent in examination of financial costs, major financial factors and deal structures to ensure confident, intelligent group decisions are made. Ideal candidates will also have experience in directing all aspects of financial business operations.
The Chief Financial Officer develops the financial well-being of the organization by providing financial projections and accounting services, preparing growth plans, and directing a finance/accounting team. Accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
- Develops finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes finance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Develops organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analyzing organization operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; accumulating capital to fund expansion.
- Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; developing action plans.
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Maximizes return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities; maintaining relationships with the investment community.
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements.
- Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Monitors and ensures the preparation of financial reports indicating the firm's current and projected financial position; ascertains the value of work-in-process; coordinates fixed asset and depreciation schedules maintained by Accountants; directs and monitors all bookkeeping functions and ensures that the firm's books of account follow the guidelines of generally accepted accounting principles
- Monitors and ensures payment of payroll taxes; reviews quarterly State and Federal tax statements. Maintains a working relationship with bankers, accountants, lawyers and insurance carriers. Responsible for negotiation and renewal of the firm’s insurance policies
- Administers 401K Retirement Plan and Flexible Benefits Plan, as they relate to accounting and tax matters. The 401K Retirement Plan is coordinated with the Human Resources and company fiduciaries.
- Assists in contract development and negotiation. Reviews, monitors and analyzes compliance issues. Central resource for contract consistency, strategy and profit goals of the company. Provides reports on active projects; maintains project financial historical data.
- Assists in developing project budgets. Provides ongoing financial monitoring of projects; mentors and coaches Owners, Project Executives, and Project Managers in strategy development and implementation to keep projects on track
- Develops annual operating and capital budgets and facilitates periodic budget review meetings
- Develops a plan for the effective management and maintenance of company properties in conjunction with VIPDA; negotiates service contracts and supervises Staff Accountant in charge of facilities.
- Provides financial mentoring and training to staff regarding financial procedures and processes
- Positively represents the firm and participates in marketing and client/community activities to build relationships and potential business development opportunities.
Essential Soft Skills/Experience/Education:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field with 15+ years experience
- Taking needs of other operational functions into full consideration; creating synergies.
- Creates strategies that provide long-term competitive advantages.
- Balances operational (technical) expertise of job and strategic (leadership) vision of role.
- Works together for the good of the company (does not engage in finger pointing/blaming).
- Understands and connects with other groups to support business strategies and profit.
- Values work that is outside own experiences and expertise.
- Understands that function exists to support overall business objectives.
- Understands and engages in external factors (competition, economy, politics, community).
- Understands core business processes and grasps the entire profit chain.
- Makes connections among diverse people, functions, and processes ("connects the dots").
- Understands and values ALL functions of the firm (avoids dept. prejudice).
- Works effectively with a wide variety of people (sensitive to diversity).