Geosyntec, a fast-paced, multidisciplinary, global, environmental professional services firm is seeking an enthusiastic, independent, and resourceful go-getter to assist in pursuing competitive proposals throughout all stages of the proposal process from submittal to short list evaluations as well as facilitating the fulfillment of marketing responsibilities from our corporate office in Boca Raton, Florida. This hands-on Regional Marketing Assistant will support our talented environmental practitioners in our Florida, Texas, and Louisiana offices with developing compliant, comprehensive, and compelling submittals (proposals and opportunity-specific statements of qualifications (SOQs). Utilizing mindful writing and organizational skills, you will participate in the Go/No-Go process; support management in the scheduling, editing and production of submittals and related sales-support materials evaluation of selection criteria; and development of appropriate response strategies. The role offers the selected candidate tremendous growth potential and exposure to cross-sector communications and strategies across a global work atmosphere.
Geosyntec is a company of practitioners who are experts in their fields and experienced in applying their knowledge to provide our clients with real-world solutions. We provide environmental services to municipalities, state and federal agencies, Fortune 500 industrial companies, and many of the nation’s top law firms. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary focus of this position is to assist in the development of compliant, comprehensive, and compelling submittals (proposals and opportunity-specific SOQs in order to win profitable work. The position will report to the Regional Marketing Manager and assist with scheduling, editing, and producing submittals, project descriptions, resumes, and related sales-support materials in accordance with Geosyntec’s policies, government regulations, and copyright laws.
To ensure smooth and efficient workflows, you will take a supporting role with the implementation of the Go-No-Go process, assistance in the development of appropriate response strategies, and support the resourcing and production of related materials while maintaining collegial relationships with other marketing staff to facilitate workload balancing across the company.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Contributes to efficient proposal and SOQ development protocols while meeting overlapping submission deadlines.
- Ensures materials are appropriately focused on client benefits and differentiators.
- Supports the competitive proposal process from initial planning through delivery.
- Collects and updates sales-support materials such as resumes and project descriptions.
- Assists in the creation and development of persuasive proposals by collaborating with senior management, proposal champions, project managers, other proposal or marketing coordinators and administrative staff.
- Collaboratively participates in pursuit/proposal strategy “brainstorming” and storyboarding sessions to develop a winning technical approach and identify differentiators.
- Adheres to and coordinates Red Team reviews and pre-review of proposals.
- Familiarizing oneself with user interfaces of frequently sourced procurement sites and documentation platforms.
- Supports the creation, editing, and production of customized, message-driven shortlist presentations in coordination with proposal champions, project managers, and technical teams.
- Assists in presentation/interview planning rehearsals.
- Occasionally composes material for inclusion on the company's digital database to facilitate enterprise-wide access in coordination with our Corporate Marketing department.
- Supports development and maintenance of project description/qualifications materials database.
- Tracks opportunities through the customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Performs other special projects and related work as requested.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- High School diploma or GED. (required)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with a major in communications, marketing, English, Psychology, journalism, or another applicable discipline. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 2 years of experience in marketing or similar professional experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the responsibilities of the position. (required)
- Demonstrated writing skills, including the ability to think critically and analytically about the purpose of the document and how the content might be improved. (required)
- Formatting, writing, editing, and proofreading skills with strong attention to detail. (required)
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. (required)
- Familiarity with graphic design and desktop publishing software, including InDesign. (preferred but not required)
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently to perform effectively under tight deadlines. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for individuals with exceptional interpersonal qualities, mindful written and verbal communication skills, practical and administrative problem-solving abilities and a passion for excellence and quality. Our diverse team consists of people that support our inclusive, safety conscious, work-life balance culture.
Geosyntec is an employee-owned, global environmental engineering consulting firm operating throughout the U.S., Canada and select international locations. We’ve been repeatedly recognized as one of Best Civil Engineering Places to Work by CE News and consistently named one of the top engineering firms by Engineering News-Record.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding assignments, a place that encourages communication across all levels of employment, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.