Mears Group, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
The Contracts Manager has responsibility for overall contracts administration, including business/contractor licensing, subcontract agreements, bonds, insurance, and other areas of contracts and compliance-related matters.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Manage and administer all company contracts, subcontracts, leases, and other written agreements
- Assist General Counsel and other attorneys with review, analysis and negotiation of construction contracts, subcontracts, leases, purchase/rental agreements, collective bargaining agreements, and other miscellaneous agreements
- Provide interpretation of contract requirements
- Coordinate approval of negotiations, contracts, and subcontracts with appropriate management staff
- Assist with company’s review and response to customer requests for information and proposals
- Manage subcontracts, including client flow-down requirements and verification that subcontractors meet or exceed insurance requirements of company and client
- Assist with litigation management, including monthly reporting and other related tasks
- Oversee, manage, and track all customer security/bonding requirements.
- Manage, obtain and maintain appropriate licensure at the state and municipal level
- Manage and obtain certificates of insurance as it relates to customer contracts, subcontracts, leases, licenses, and equipment rentals
- Support the lien filing process, as needed
- Travel to various company locations, legal proceedings, and contract negotiations may be required
- All other duties as assigned
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related discipline
- Five years of experience in contract administration, including managing contracts and subcontracts
- Experience in the construction and/or energy industry preferred
- Detail oriented with the ability to work independently and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Advanced research and computer skills, including the use of online services and databases, contract management software, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to manage and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment