The Engineering Senior Project Manager typically serves as the lead mechanical or electrical engineer on projects, taking them from concept through construction administration, almost always delegating most design tasks to junior engineers.
This position can work out of the Syracuse, Utica or Buffalo IPD Engineering locations.
Tasks include performing building assessments, troubleshooting MEP building issues, preparing proposals, coordinating projects internally among our own staff and externally with other trades, reviewing shop drawings, responding to RFIs and working through issues with contractors in the field.
Qualified Candidates will have:
- A minimum of 10 years’ working for a consulting engineering firm is required.
- A Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) preferred.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or REVIT is preferred.
- Working knowledge of International Building Code, NFPA and National Electric Code is required.
- Design experience with a variety of building types is required.