Title: Human Resources Generalist
Type: Full-Time, Exempt
About Wright Service Corp:
Wright Service Corp. is a prominent leader in several environmental services industries, as the parent company to Wright Tree Service, Wright Outdoor Solutions, CNUC, Terra Spectrum Technologies, Sustainable Environmental Consultants, Wright Tree Service of the West, Spectrum Resource Group, ArborCare and Verdure Elements. Wright Service Corp. has been employee-owned since 2002 and headquartered in Central Iowa since 1933 when Wright Tree Service was founded by John L. Wright. Together as a family of companies, Wright Service Corp. provides integrated vegetation management, technology solutions, consulting and operations, commercial environmental products, and residential and commercial landscaping, tree care, and other outdoor services.
From entry-level positions to management roles, we are committed to providing our employee-owners the training and resources needed for a fulfilling career. As our company continues to grow, new opportunities are available. Wright Service Corp. is currently seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join our team!
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws and standards.
- Investigates and responds to employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints with the assistance of the Human Resources Supervisor.
- Represents the company for any unemployment claims. Coordinates discussions with management and the third-party vendor to represent the company at unemployment hearings.
- Conducts recruitment efforts for exempt and nonexempt personnel and temporary employees; assist with advertisements, interviewing tips and questions. Verifies Form I-9s and conducts background checks when applicable.
- Assists General Foreman, Division Managers and Regional Managers with discipline and separations. Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information, coordinating where necessary with Human Resources Supervisor and General Counsel while recommending an appropriate course of action.
- Completes special projects by clarifying project objectives, setting timetable and schedules and conducts research.
- Protects the organization’s values by keeping the information confidential.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing legislation and staying up to date with any changes.
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems, evaluates potential solutions, coaches and counsels managers and employees.
- Promotes safety within the company and provides positive reinforcement.
- Manages and administers leaves of absence, focusing primarily on the Family Medical Leave Act and Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Presents information to appropriate divisions within the company regarding human resource policies and procedures.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required HR Certification preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with our field operations management teams and employees.
- Working knowledge of EEOC, Title VII, Family Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, federal and state employment legislation, and Company policies and procedures.
- Ability to make independent decisions and resolve employee relation issues; ability to handle sensitive personnel matters in a confidential fashion.
- Strong organizational skills and tendencies; the ability to work on multiple tasks and projects concurrently; extremely detail-oriented.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal skills as well as strong presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Able to travel 25% of the time depending on hiring needs
Wright Service Corp Offers:
- 'Dress for Your Day' Clothing Policy. Casual dress M-F which includes jeans!
- Competitive pay & great benefits including PTO, medical, dental, vision, wellness plan, education assistance, volunteer opportunities...just to name a few!
- Wellness Program & Wellness Reimbursement
- ESOP - A retirement plan completely funded by the company!
- Team Thursdays - An office-wide team building event that occurs throughout the year.
- Rich culture - driven by private ownership and intentional leadership.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume on our website at http://www.wrighttree.com/careers/.
Pre-employment drug screening and a background check is a condition of employment.