Are you a professional, fun, energetic person with superb interpersonal and customer relations skills? Southeastern Electric Cooperative is looking for a Receptionist/Member Services Representative in our Sioux Falls office. This position will be responsible for a variety of support staff duties, as well as top notch customer service.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Welcome on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel. Greet scheduled visitors and escorts them to appropriate area or person.
- Take payments for services and merchandise and prepares receipts for deposit.
- Input electric energy payments daily and maintains accurate and timely records of each member-consumers account.
- Assist in answering incoming calls, determines purpose of callers, assist callers as much as possible before forwarding calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Take and deliver messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Handle radio traffic in compliance with FCC regulations.
- Serve as first-line responder for marketing calls, load management calls, new customer applications, member payment program inquiries (such as auto-pay, credit card payments, online payments, etc.) and billing questions (such as current balance, usage inquiries, high bill complaints, setting up payment arrangements, etc.).
- Answer questions about organization and provide callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Input service orders into data processing system to maintain member-consumer service information.
- Prepare and submit information to new member-consumers.
- Operate office equipment including personal computer, calculator, radio, copy machine, facsimile machine, postage meter, etc.
- Organize and maintain file system and file correspondence and other records.
- Prepare outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
- Inventory, order, receive, and maintain office supplies. Arrange for office equipment maintenance.
- Promote good member and public relations within department. Render prompt, efficient, courteous, and reliable service in a safe and orderly manner.
- Perform other clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
- And more!
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Effective verbal and written communication with both internal and external customers
- Excellent 10-key skills with high level of data entry accuracy
- Basic algebra/geometry skills
- Strong working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Positive, confident, professional demeanor along with a helpful, can-do attitude
- A good command of the English language
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Here’s what we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Life, LTD, STD, Retirement Plan, 401k Plan and AFLAC
- Employer HSA/HRA contributions
- Wellness Program Incentives
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
Southeastern belongs to an alliance of more than 750 Touchstone Energy cooperatives in 46 states. Touchstone Energy provides a unified face for the small business that own and service rural America's 2.5 million miles of power line. By working jointly, this network of small co-ops generate services that would normally require the resources of a national corporation. Touchstone Energy co-ops are owned by the members they serve and are committed to providing reliable electricity at the lowest price possible. In short, co-ops "look out" for the members they serve.
The Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Cooperative will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.