If you’re looking for a place to kick-start your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals - Geosyntec is the place for you! As a Staff Environmental Geologist or Scientist in our Boca Raton, Florida office, you will have the opportunity to apply your academic knowledge to real-world situations while also learning the business skills needed for a successful consulting career. Our practice involves a broad mix of projects involving contaminated site assessment & remediation (including site redevelopment) and environmental due diligence services for public and private clients.
Located in Palm Beach County, Boca Raton is home to a major state university and offers gorgeous beaches, a vibrant dining and nightlife scene, and beautiful residential areas. Our office is located in the developing Park of Broken Sound, a 700-acre hub that offers residential, commercial, and transportation options for those seeking to enhance their work/life balance.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the position include:
- Fieldwork such as soil, soil vapor, surface water, and groundwater sampling; drilling and contractor oversight; aquifer testing; geophysical investigations; and remediation system O&M;
- Developing and implementing site assessment and remediation design and work plans, sampling and analysis plans, and health and safety plans;
- Aquifer testing and hydrogeologic data analyses;
- Chemical data and contaminant fate & transport evaluation;
- Groundwater and soil remedy evaluation, cost estimation, and implementation;
- Groundwater modeling and 3D data visualization;
- Data analysis, including preparing maps, tables, and figures;
- Environmental due diligence and
- Preparation of technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 70%
- Overnight travel: Up to 20%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree in geology or a related science discipline. (required)
- Advanced degree in geology, hydrogeology, geochemistry, environmental geology, or the like. (preferred)
- Ability to receive Professional Geologist registration in Florida when eligible, within approximately five years of hire. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior internship or work experience in environmental consulting. (preferred)
- Experience with fieldwork, groundwater modeling, and/or contaminant transport. (preferred)
- Experience with ArcView, Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Access), GIS, ModFlow, and/or EVS. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits