Mears Construction, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Construction, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
Field Safety Specialist
The position will be responsible for area level safety leadership across an assigned area at Focus shall be field safety leadership in an assigned area. The Field Safety Specialist Position will report to the Area Safety Manager or other assigned department senior manager.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Embody and apply core values: safety, quality, integrity, ownership, service and team
- Have positive solutions when presenting problems. Be a part of the solution
- Perform area and job site level audits based on event trending, lagging/leading indicators and safety needs identified with the Area Safety Manager or other department Senior Managers
- Coordinate injury management through Workman’s Compensation Manager and assist in establishing area injury management resources and relationship building as assigned by Area Safety Manager
- Provide area level safety leadership and shall promote a positive safety culture as assigned
- Participate in parent company level safety audits across the organization and coordinate corrective actions feedback to the Area Safety Manager and Operations Manager
- Participate in AAR calls relevant to events occurring within the assigned area. Coordinate follow-up
- Review weekly Ops Reports for safety planning purposes with Area Safety Manager
- Assist with training instruction and scheduling as directed by the Area Safety Manager or senior safety staff
- May assist with/lead special projects as assigned related to organization-wide related safety matters
- Assist with root cause identification, investigations and case management within the assigned area
- Complete a monthly expense report for company Purchasing Card. Shall spend within set departmental guidelines. Submit Purchase Card activity monthly to Area Safety Manager
- Coordinate, manage and respond to OSHA agency level audits as directed by the Area Safety Manager or other department Senior Managers
- Coordinate support efforts with Area Safety Manager
- Report daily safety experience and daily plan of day inaccuracies to Area Safety Manager
- As assigned by Area Safety Manager, will make sure investigations, corrective actions, and safety planning are purposeful, complete and supported
- Shall ensure timely notifications for serious events are made to Area Safety Manager and operation leaders
- All other assigned responsibilities by Area Safety Manager or other assigned department senior manager
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- A 5 years minimum safety experience and the OSHA 500, or other accredited safety certification i.e. CSP, ASP, OHS, CHST, CSST, CSHO. Or a minimum of 3 years of verifiable experience and a bachelor’s degree in a Safety related curriculum
- Maintain and develop gas distribution, pipeline, and underground electric safety knowledge
- Must be able to travel nationwide or region as Must travel to all assigned areas monthly. Overnight travel as needed to support position and duties
- Must maintain professional interaction, appearances, and communication within all levels of the organization
- Continued professional development and Quanta train-the-trainer certification preferred
- InfraSource approved safe driving behaviors. Follow all DMV rules and regulations
- On call 24/7 or as assigned after hours, weekends and holidays
- Other assigned qualifications by Area Safety Manager or Director of Safety
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.