If you’re looking for a place to kick-start your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals - Geosyntec is the place for you! As a Staff Geologist or Remediation Engineer in Indianapolis, IN, working for our contaminated site assessment & remediation practice, you will have the opportunity to apply your academic knowledge to real-world situations while also learning the business skills needed for a successful consulting career.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the position include:
- Field work such as site investigation and characterization for landfill leachate, sediment, soils, surface water, air monitoring, and groundwater sampling, drilling and contractor oversight;
- Chemical data and contaminant fate & transport evaluation;
- Contamination assessment services such as designing and implementing sampling plans and pilot test programs;
- Remedy evaluation, cost estimation, design calculations, and implementation; and
- Data analysis, including preparing maps, tables, and figures.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires 40-hour OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 60%
- Overnight travel: Up to 30%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in geology/hydrogeology or environmental, civil, or geochemical engineering. (required)
- Advanced degree in geology or environmental engineering. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior research experience in contaminated media or remediation technology. (preferred)
- Prior internship experience in environmental consulting. (preferred)
- Experience with ArcGIS, AutoCAD, MODFLOW, and/or Python, R, C++, C#. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits