Mears Group, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
Financial Planner & Analyst
A Financial Planner & Analyst will be responsible for facilitating the monthly forecasting and annual budgeting process across Mears’ operating units throughout the United States. Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of all forecast attributes. Drive efficiencies in the forecasting process through the identification of roadblocks to the implementation of initiatives. In addition to forecasting, this role is expected to flex their time to assist with certain accounting and system administrative tasks.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Facilitate and consolidate the monthly forecast
- Maintain forecast attributes in the consolidating and reporting systems
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Produce the monthly and quarterly reporting package for Senior Management and Executives
- Assist the accounting department with certain monthly close tasks
- Own the budget and forecast for the corporate office
- Assist with the transition of management reports from excel to Prophix to improve the integrity, timeliness and distribution of those reports to our management team
- Identify, develop, and improve best practices for forecasting and planning procedures and streamlining data consolidation
- Work closely with corporate and operations finance personnel ensuring the highest level of customer service to the stakeholders to ensure timely and quality data capture
- Provide management with information that will supply them with the tools to make timely decisions and measure the performance of our companies
- Ability to produce quality work products within specific deadlines
- Performs other duties as assigned
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- Bachelor’s in Finance or Accounting with 4-6 years of progressive responsibility in financial/management experience.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Basic SQL Knowledge
- Working knowledge of Hyperion a plus
- Construction or manufacturing industry backgrounds within a large public company will represent the best cultural fit within the Company
- Strong leadership skills – a good communicator and an active listener with a commanding interpersonal presence – tempered by a strong affinity for team play
- An appreciation for detail-oriented management processes; a proven strategic thinker with effective execution skills
- Good problem-solving skills including trouble shooting and resolving issues with processes, reports etc.
- Ability to work independently and provide timely updates on the status of open tasks/projects
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to organize and prioritize work
- Practiced in discretion, with experience handling confidential matters
Working Environment/Physical Demands:
General office physical demands which can include: the ability to sit, stand, stoop, kneel, bend and walk. The ability to lift or carry up to 25 pounds. The ability to sit for sustained periods of time. The ability to demonstrate the manual dexterity necessary to operate a keyboard, calculator, and/or typewriter.