Are you looking for a home for the best years of your career? A place where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals? Geosyntec is the place for you! We’re seeking a Senior Process Engineer to help grow our industrial wastewater and remediation practice in New Jersey. This is a unique opportunity to work with, and learn from, a leading expert in the industrial wastewater field with numerous business and professional contacts who is currently developing new process engineering opportunities. The position will also support other environmental process projects within the pharmaceutical, food and beverage, and oil and gas sectors.
This position is well-suited for a talented, experienced individual who is interested in leading to innovative and challenging wastewater projects, including the financial and technical evaluation, design, permitting, and construction stages. The position will also provide the opportunity to grow an existing process engineering practice into a sustainable business within Geosyntec, developing new client contacts, collaborating with other senior staff, and developing junior staff to support an increasing work load.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? We expect that you’d work on a variety of challenging technical projects and leverage your existing relationships to help Geosyntec expand its current practices and capabilities. Some of the task-level or project management responsibilities you will be asked to do include:
- Task and project management, including planning and implementing municipal/industrial wastewater characterization, treatment design, trouble shooting and optimization and remediation engineering projects, budgeting and budget management, adherence to schedule, quality, client satisfaction, and profitability;
- Business development; including bringing in new clients and obtaining repeat business from existing clients, leading proposal preparation, and developing and implementing a business development plan;
- Managing and mentoring junior staff and managing subcontractors;
- Work plan development, data evaluation, process design, and report writing;
- Data analysis, including developing maps and figures using GIS/Environmental Visualization Software (EVS) applications, CADD, and database management working with our information management specialists;
- Preparing technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals;
- Reviewing and managing written document production; and
- Preparing for and participating in meetings with clients, regulatory personnel, and other parties;
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA/MSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including technical conferences, in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Field work: Up to 5%
- Overnight travel: Up to 20%
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to this next stage of your career. Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (civil, chemical, or environmental). (required)
- Advanced degree in Engineering (civil, chemical, or environmental) or Science. (preferred)
- Professional engineer certification. (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 8 years of environmental consulting experience in the New Jersey/Pennsylvania/ Delaware/New York marketplace including familiarity with the process engineering marketplace; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Detailed understanding of municipal/industrial water and wastewater treatment processes (required) and pharmaceutical processes, including organic synthesis, formulation, fermentation, biopharma and water treatment processes. (preferred)
- Water Supply and Wastewater System Operator N2 to N4 license, or equivalent. (preferred)
- Successful client management and business development track record. (required)
- Experience with multi-disciplinary project teams. (required)
- Demonstrated success in the development and management of clients. (required)
- Excellent leadership skills. (required)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handle multiple project assignments, meet strict deadlines, and travel to client facilities as needed. (required)
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits