INSTRUCTOR Role Description
At Bundle, we are disrupting the traditional care industry and transforming the employer funded care model. We are determined to provide personalized virtual care experiences that benefit employees and families every day.
Working parents and families are struggling at home during these unprecedented times, juggling parenting, homeschooling, work. Bundle hopes to provide these families a sense of joy and positivity by giving parents and caregivers a much-needed break!
Bundle is currently looking for personable, organized, and thoughtful instructors to join our diverse and inclusive instructor community. Our instructors will help make a difference by facilitating one-on-one fun and engaging virtual learning experiences to children 3 – 11 years old and elderly 65+. Our lesson topics range from science and technology to arts and culture. We compensate instructors for their time or they can receive school credit if applicable.
- Conduct Bundle Breaks over a video conferencing call to participants of all ages.
- Based on your experience and comfort level, Bundle will match you with participants you feel most conformable working with!
- Review and maintain a comprehensive understanding of all the content for each Bundle Break lesson plan.
- Bundle does ALL the lesson planning and prep for you. All you do is review the plan before the start of your Bundle Break and Bundle will match you with a participant based on the lessons and topics you feel most confident facilitating!
- Build excellent rapport with the participant and drive the conversation.
- Engage with participants by maintaining enthusiasm, eye contact, and interest throughout the Bundle Break.
- Check-in with the participant throughout the lesson to reinforce learnings.
- Effectively manage the time and pace of the session to complete it in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot technical issues with participant and/or families as needed.
- 2-5+ years of previous care experience working with children and/or the elderly, especially in an instructor capacity (ex. babysitting, teaching, tutoring, camps, nursing homes). 2 years of experience required; 3-5 years preferred.
- Ability to manage conflict using active listening and empathy.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with interruptions and able to problem-solve efficiently and effectively.
- Technical competency. Experience with video conference calling, screen shares, launching videos, hyperlinks and PowerPoint Presentations.
- College degree or currently completing preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate patience and compassion.
- Must provide at least 2 professional or educational references.
- Must be able to pass a social media and background check.
- Must have a functioning computer that can run the most updated web browsers and has video capabilities.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Generally available at least 6-10 hours per week.
- Provides feedback to the Bundle Team after each Bundle Break.
- Maintains excellent communication with the Bundle Team staff.
- Provides Bundle with updated schedule every 1-2 weeks.