Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other. And we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Fire and Life Safety Inspector
The Fire and Life Safety Inspector’s duties include testing and inspection of fire alarm systems, fire sprinkler systems, fire extinguishers, exit signs and emergency lights with knowledge of multiple manufacturers’ products. We have a need for a self-motivated, customer service-oriented inspectors with strong written and verbal communication skills. The Inspector will provide accurate and detailed inspections reports via web and app-based program with all proper documentation of improvements and complications.
- Perform routine inspections, testing and services of life safety product lines
- Handle low voltage wiring and corresponding devices for the operation of low voltage equipment
- Responsible for operating with minimal supervision while performing fire protection inspections
- Daily communications with Project Manager and/or Schedule Coordinator on inspection or project delays, requirements and general status of job
- Work with Project Manager, Schedule Coordinator and Office Administrative Staff to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client (Confirm that work is completed so it can be billed in full)
- NICET Level II or III preferred
- Strong working knowledge of life safety and NFPA codes as well as city adoptions
- Kitchen hood inspections and testing experience preferred
- Possess the required CSA
- Working knowledge of alarm panels, devices and critical components
- Working knowledge of sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices and critical components
- Willing to perform testing and maintenance
- Able to complete documentation as necessary; proficient in the use of personal computers and Microsoft Office, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willing to coordinate between inspection deficiencies and service required to correct found deficiencies
- Prepared to read and write English clearly
- Capability to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, AHJs (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) and the general public
- Possess a valid driver’s license; in accordance with Company policy
- Willing to pass post-offer drug screen, background and reference check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor