CNUC is a highly experienced consulting and operations team with an unparalleled understanding of utility vegetation management (UVM) industry best management practices, and legal and regulatory requirements.
CNUC assists utilities in improving their UVM programs through inspection and auditing services, emergency response, consulting, and research, often combined with software and LiDAR solutions. CNUC also goes beyond operations by providing the largest and most comprehensive UVM benchmarking service in North America.
- Inspect and plan tree work on transmission corridors in populated and rural areas
- Conduct tree and brush inventories
- Inspect and evaluate hazard trees
- Conduct tree contractor work planning
- Safeguard employees and public from hazards in and around the work area
- Help enforce on-the-job safety practices
- Carry and utilize materials, tools, and equipment at the work site
- Service truck and equipment, keep trucks and other assigned equipment in a neat and orderly fashion
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
- Degree in forestry or related field and/or experience in utility line clearance.
- Species identification skills and invasive species knowledge, plus knowledge of tree growth rates
- ISA Arborist Certification desirable (or ability to attain within one year)
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to read blueprints and aerial maps
- Must have basic mathematical skills in order to determine acreage of an area
- Ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills a priority
- Ability to travel and work in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- Proficient in map navigation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office and data collection software (GIS experience a plus)
- Competitive wages/excellent benefits
- Clothing allowance
- Company provided smart phone
- Company vehicle/fuel card
- Ongoing training and credentialing
- Access to industry related training materials
Full-time positions include participation in an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) after 1 year of employment. Pre-employment and post-hiring drug screening is a condition of employment.
To apply, please visit our website at http://www.cnutility.com/careers/ and submit an application.