JOB TITLE: Fire Sprinkler Inspector
We’re looking for high-potential talent! Would you want to work for a company whose Values include Honesty and Integrity, Excellence on All Levels, and Fulfilling Work Focused on Team and Personal Development of All Team Members? If you answered “Yes”, please send us your resume. We would like to visit with you! Davis-Ulmer Fire Protection is currently seeking to add experienced Fire Sprinkler Inspectors to our Inspections Team who appreciates working with a variety of people where the environment is friendly, and where there are excellent opportunities to develop and advance.
The Fire Sprinkler Inspectors works to present Davis-Ulmer Fire Protection while maintaining a safe work environment for both our internal and external customers. As an Inspector, you will be responsible for performing inspections of fire protection systems in both a commercial and residential setting.
- Test alarms, valves, switches and other fire suppression equipment as assigned.
- Ensure customers are serviced at the highest level of satisfaction through quality of work and courteous service while applying your experience, knowledge and training.
- Thoroughly complete inspections in a timely manner as scheduled while working with the internal coordinator to ensure the customer receives the work per proposed scope.
- Have a working knowledge of NFPA standards for the inspection and testing of fire protection systems. The want and need to stay current with code requirements, industry changes.
- Complete all necessary forms for both our customers and internal coordinators, while noting malfunctions found during inspections.
- Review inspection results with customer while maintaining a positive customer relationship.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous comprehensive experience to perform duties listed
- Strong communication, ethics, and customer service skills
- Display professional appearance
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Ability to work with little direct supervision
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- NICET certification, or the ability to obtain
- Backflow certification a plus
- Valid State Driver License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in different environments, such as commercial or residential buildings – noise level could be quiet to moderate
- Ability to withstand heights and climb ladders comfortable
LIMITATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"