Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and volunteer hours, education assistance and much more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Balfour Beatty is seeking an IT Security Analyst to join our Corporate Services team in Dallas, TX.
- Ability to monitor for and identify security threats.
- Analyze, document, and report on security incidents.
- Work with various vendors, online resources, and IT teams to identify and understand security threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits that could impact enterprise environment
- Coordinate response of security events that require urgent response, containment, and remediation
- Provide analysis on various security enforcement technologies including, but not limited to SIEM, anti-virus, content filtering/reporting, malware prevention, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, web application firewalls, messaging security platforms, vulnerability scanners etc.
- Perform knowledge transfers, create KB and SOP articles, and coordinate meetings to share information on identified threats
- Provide ongoing recommendations to IT Security team on tuning and best practices
- Actively research current threats and attack vectors exploited in the wild
- Actively work with IT Security team and perform investigations
- Assist with development and maintenance of IT security policies
- Audit configuration of existing technologies and platforms.
- Research and present recommendations on emerging information security technologies
Experience and Skills
- Five or more years of full-time professional experience in the Information Security field
- Experience working with a Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Excellent time management, reporting, and communication skills
- Ability to generate comprehensive written reports and recommendations
- Coaching and training experience
- Ability to quickly adapt and learn new technologies
- Previous experience as a point of escalation in a technical environment
- TCP/IP knowledge and understanding of network infrastructure: firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers, remote access technology (VPN).
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues and lead root cause analysis
- Support queue management
- Familiarity with Top 20 Critical Security Controls
- Experience developing IT Security policies and running audit reports
- Knowledge of data privacy regulations such as GDPR, CCPA etc.
- Familiarity with DLP technologies
- Able to read and understand packet level data
- Microsoft Office 365, Azure, and Intune administration
- Azure passthrough authentication
- Microsoft AD Connect
- Azure security log analysis
- Azure conditional access policies
- Office 365 MFA
- PowerShell scripting
- Mobile device compliance and configuration policy management
- Experience with Amazon web services administration
- Enterprise messaging systems:
- Experience with On-prem Exchange and Exchange Online administration
- Message header analysis and message trace
- TLS connections
- Whitelist / blacklist management
- Experience with email hygiene products such as Google, Proofpoint, Barracuda, or Symantec
- Configuration of DMARC, DKIM, SPF, and MX DNS records
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows platforms including:
- Active Directory
- Windows security architecture and terminology
- Privilege escalation techniques
- Common mitigation controls and system hardening
- Anti-Virus (AV)
- Experience with monitoring and administration of a commercial endpoint AV solution
- Ability to identify common false positives and make suggestions on tuning
- Experiencing creating endpoint protection policies
- Log auditing and analysis
- Ability to identify phishing email, analyze malicious URL threats, and decode encrypted HTML attachments (base64)
- Setup isolated systems to detonate malicious payloads
- Understanding of malware mitigation controls in an enterprise environment.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.