Mears Construction, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Construction, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
Regional Safety Manager
The position will be responsible for regional level safety leadership across an assigned regional area at InfraSource. Focus shall be field safety leadership in an assigned regional area. Regional Safety Manager position will report to the Director of Safety or other assigned department senior manager.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Embody and apply core values: safety, quality, integrity, ownership, service, and team
- Have a positive attitude. Present solutions when presenting problems. Be a part of the solution
- Manage Area Safety Managers and other safety professionals or admin as assigned
- Schedule regional and job site level audits based on event trending, lagging/leading indicators, and safety needs. Coordinate Safety, DOT and Training within assigned regional area
- Coordinate injury management through Workman’s Compensation Manager. Assist in establishing local area injury management resources and relationship building
- Provide regional level safety leadership and shall promote a positive safety culture
- Participate in parent company level safety audits across the organization and coordinate corrective actions feedback to the Director of Safety and operations management
- Lead AAR calls relevant to events occurring within the assigned regional area
- Coordinate follow-up
- Review weekly Ops Reports for safety planning purposes
- Assist with training instruction and schedules as directed by the Manager, Safety & Training
- May assist with/lead special projects as assigned related to organization-wide related safety matters
- Assist with root cause identification, investigations and case management within an assigned regional area
- Complete a monthly expense report for company Purchasing Card. Shall review and approve Area Safety Manager Purchase Card purchases within set departmental guidelines and other assigned employees
- Coordinate, manage and respond to OSHA agency level audits as directed by the Director of Safety. Confer with the Director of Safety on all OSHA related contact
- Assist with coordinating safety staffing and planning in the assigned regional area
- Coordinate support efforts with Manager, Safety & Training and Manager, Safety & DOT
- Review daily safety experience and daily plan of day email for accuracy and update accordingly
- Review all events that have occurred within the assigned region for leading and lagging indicators. Will make sure investigations, corrective actions and safety planning is purposeful, complete and supported
- Shall ensure timely notifications for serious events are made to Director of Safety
- All other assigned responsibilities by Director of Safety or other assigned department senior manager
- Additional Requisition Information
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- Will maintain current certification in OSHA 500, CPR, AED, basic first aid and any other required topic
- Maintain and develop gas distribution, pipeline, and underground electric safety knowledge
- Must be able to travel nationwide as needed and throughout region regularly. Must travel to all areas of region monthly. Overnight travel as needed to support position and duties
- Must maintain professional interaction, appearances, and communication within all levels of the organization
- Continued professional development and Quanta train-the-trainer certification preferred
- InfraSource approved driver. Demonstrate safe driving behaviors. Follow all DMV rules and regulations
- On call 24/7 or as assigned after hours, weekends and holidays
- All other assigned qualifications by Director of Safety or other assigned department senior manager
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.