Geosyntec is seeking an enthusiastic, skilled, experienced, and resourceful Marketing and Proposal Coordinator. This is an opportunity for a motivated individual with professional services experience in marketing and proposal preparation to provide leadership and support for marketing and business development activities to our New Jersey and New England branch offices. This position will be based out of our Blue Bell, PA or Pennington, NJ office (preferred), or Acton, MA or Portsmouth, NH office. The individual will be responsible for building and maintaining a high-performance marketing culture to ensure alignment with business development goals. Principal duties will include managing and writing part of winning proposals to secure business opportunities for the firm; creating marketing materials such as qualification statements; and managing, supervising the maintenance of and improving our firm’s marketing library.
Geosyntec is a dynamic employee-owned firm, which offers employees tremendous freedom to shape their careers by strongly embracing each employee’s intellectual passion and placing high value on technical excellence and company-wide collegiality. We are internationally known for novel technical solutions, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Geosyntec engineers and scientists are experts in their fields and experienced in applying their knowledge to provide our clients with real-world solutions. We provide professional services to Fortune 500 industrial companies, and many of the nation’s top law firms as well as public sector clients such as municipalities, state and federal agencies. Individuals with passion to support and grow business within this type of work environment are encouraged to apply. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The keys to success in this position are personal drive, leadership, marketing and proposal expertise, understanding of client needs in a professional service market, and a commitment to technical excellence. The successful candidate will add value through personal initiative and the ability to prioritize, collaborate, and formulate a cohesive, persuasive message out of many individual parts.
This is an inter-branch position requiring the selected individual to provide support to approximately 100 employees in offices from Pennsylvania to New Hampshire, and potentially nation-wide as needed. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support technical staff with business development efforts;
- Oversee and support all aspects of the competitive proposal process from initial planning through delivery including workflow and resource requirements; and ensure all requirements (content, formatting, submittal requirements, required text elements, etc.) are met;
- Coordinate and work with the proposal team to brainstorm and develop winning proposal themes and target messaging; prepare outlines; manage and coordinate technical contributors and schedule; and prepare non-technical sections of proposals;
- Assist with interview and presentation preparation; create effective presentations and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients;
- Facilitate pursuit/proposal strategy brainstorming and storyboarding sessions to develop a winning technical approach and identify differentiators;
- Coordinate debriefings;
- Maintain the branch’s pipeline reporting system;
- Maintain a database of professional organizations and business development / networking events;
- Identify and track RFPs / business development opportunities;
- Use the current corporate marketing collateral library to create and provide client-ready marketing materials (such as statements of qualifications and brochures) to support targeted business development, evaluate the library (strengths and weaknesses), and determine gaps in information;
- Manage routine marketing collateral (e.g., keeping resumes and project descriptions up to date);
- Initiate and maintain web-based / social media branding and marketing campaigns, including extracting and analyzing statistics;
- Author marketing materials and correspondence that is effective, well written, organized, clearly presented, focused on the subject at hand, and promotes the Geosyntec brand;
- Offer and defend alternative ideas and concepts related to marketing and business development best practices; and
- Represent and sell the Geosyntec brand at external trade shows and connect potential clients with appropriate staff.
Your ability to catalyze and facilitate the success of a group means that you are passionate about learning from and working with multiple people and adding meaning and value to the representation of the firm’s capabilities to our clients. You work well under pressure, maintain diligent communication and attention to detail, communicate frequently, and enjoy the challenge of juggling multiple deadlines and projects.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree environmental or engineering technical discipline, or a degree in journalism, communications, or public relations. (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5 years of experience (required); progressive professional experience in engineering, architecture, commercial construction, legal or marketing firms specializing in the marketing of professional services or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the responsibilities of the position. (strongly preferred)
- Understanding and/or experience of (i) the RFQ/RFP process, (ii) techniques associated with the evaluation of promotional activities, (iii) federal, state and local procurement procedures, and (iv) activities associated with the development and evaluation of marketing plans and their effectiveness. (preferred)
- Excellent writing and communication skills. (preferred)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret marketing, technical, and other business documents. (preferred)
- Experience managing staff and leading proposal teams. (preferred)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handle multiple simultaneous project assignments and meet deadlines. (preferred)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including, Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Publisher. (preferred)
- Experience with marketing through social media and communication tools including the ability to use these tools for market analysis. (strongly preferred)
- Familiarity with graphic design and production, desktop publishing and presentation software. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal qualities, superb written and verbal communication skills, practical and administrative problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for excellence and quality.
Geosyntec is an employee-owned, global environmental engineering consulting firm operating throughout the U.S., Canada and select international locations. We’ve been repeatedly recognized as one of Best Civil Engineering Places to Work by CE News and consistently named one of the top engineering firms by Engineering News-Record.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding assignments, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.