Project Manager | Bouten Construction Company | Richland, WA (Tri-Cities)
Would you like to join an exceptional team where innovation is part of our DNA and meaningful relationships are the legacy of our company? Bouten Construction Company, in Richland, WA (Tri-Cities) may be the destination for you!
Bouten Construction, a leading General Contractor with a 76-year history spanning iconic projects across the Inland Northwest, is looking for a Project Manager who will manage our commercial projects. Additionally, this includes collaborating closely with the Vice President-Tri-Cities to manage projects with repeat clients, business development, maintain and execute a steady workflow, and deliver financial and customer service success.
- Reads and understands owner and subcontractor contract language, ensures objectives of contracts are met and delivers on contract obligations of the firm. Responsibilities include contract development, pre-contract reviews, and final contract language and contract negotiations.
- Develops and inputs project budgets for cost tracking and forecasting. Works closely with Superintendent to review project budgets and productivity on a weekly basis. Provides job forecasting monthly to accurately reflect project costs to completion of the project. Understands and evaluates project extras and change orders.
- Works closely with project team members and Superintendent to develop the pull plan schedule and implement schedule monitoring and adjustment periods throughout the construction project. Evaluates changes in the project which may or may not impact the project schedule and adjusts events and removes constraints as necessary.
- Prepares and evaluates reports as it relates to the quality assurance of the project. Conducts pre-task installation meetings to confirm scope of work is meeting the project documents and standards assigned to the project. Involves product and material representatives in the process of evaluating the quality assurance of materials or systems on the project.
- Works closely with Superintendent and Safety Director to develop and monitor the site specific safety plan. Ensures subcontractors meet safety obligations to provide a safe project site.
- Provides exceptional project management skills in all areas of communication, time management, customer service, client and team interaction, process, and work flow. Understands the risks and responsibilities of project delivery.
- Able to review plans and specifications in detail to understand the constructability of materials and systems. Understands the constraints and advantages of different building materials, methods, and impact on the project budget and schedule.
- Builds and embraces a culture of continuous improvement. Incorporates Lean principles into daily activities and tasks of a construction project. Understands and applies techniques of the Lean process to provide continuous improvement for him or herself and others in the firm.
- Develop, update, and finalize project estimates from initial concept through the establishment of a Guaranteed Maximum Price. Involves subcontractors and vendors in the estimating process. Understands unit prices and has a thorough understanding of overall trade scope and pricing.
- Four-year degree in construction management, engineering or related field
- LEED® GA
- 5+ years construction project management experience required (healthcare preferred)
- Project size >$1.0+ m
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- Diverse project experience
- Detail-oriented and strong follow-up skills
- Self-motivated and passionate about delivering exceptional client service
- Procore, Timberline Project Management and Primavera Scheduling experience
- Desire to grow with our company and advance to a senior project manager position
- 100% company paid medical, dental and vision premiums for employee and family
- 401k with company match $1 for $1 up to 6%
- Continuing education and training
- Relocation expenses will be reimbursed by our company