CNUC is an employee-owned company with a strong commitment to recruiting and developing the best talent in the utility vegetation management industry. As our company continues to expand across the country and beyond, new career opportunities are becoming available.
Working for CNUC could be your next great job if:
- You love talking to new people, being outside, and working independently.
- You have strong problem-solving skills and pay close attention to detail.
- You’re willing to learn. We provide ongoing training and assistance in obtaining industry-related certifications.
The CNUC team is made up of highly experienced individuals that come from a wide range of backgrounds including:
- Natural resource management
- Natural & environmental sciences
- Logging & timber industry
- Tree care industry
- Lineman school
- Wildland firefighting
- Customer service industry
- GIS mapping
- Data collection
- Wildlife conservation
- Landscaping and gardening
- Outdoor enthusiasts
- Parks and recreation
- Tree and brush inventories.
- Hazard tree inspection and evaluation.
- Tree contractor work planning.
- Data management.
- Contact with property owners/public agencies regarding planned pruning and/or removals.
- Work Planning – inspect, evaluate, and provide cost effective recommendations to address patrol objectives.
- Herbicide Application – required to perform basal application of herbicide to trees, vines, and brush.
- Storm Restoration work
- Scheduling and resource support – schedule and track assigned work; dispatching work at the direction of FPL, assist with timesheets, managing GIS databases, and distributing reports from FPL systems.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Two or four year degree in Forestry, Arboriculture, Horticulture, Biology and/or Environmental Sciences preferred, and/or, three or more years of field related experience.
- ISA Certification, or be able to obtain within one year from date of employment.
- Pesticide License preferred.
- Species identification skills and invasive species knowledge, plus knowledge of tree growth rates.
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work in rugged terrain and inclement weather.
- Ability to read and follow maps.
While you take care of the power lines, we’ll take care of you and your future. Our benefits include traditional health and wellness coverage, 401(k), Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), online learning, counseling services, and more.
Pre-employment and post-hiring drug screening is a condition of employment. Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
Contact Information: If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.