Mears Group, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
Financial Application Analyst
A Financial Application Senior Analyst will be responsible for the administration of our Data Management tool, Prophix. Prophix is one of the most important Finance tools utilized by Mears. Prophix sources information from various financial systems. This tool provides complete, accurate, reliable and timely data for internal and external reporting and consumption. This position is responsible for maintaining Prophix and developing financial management reports to enhance the accuracy of the financial results and provide management with the data needed to make sound management decisions that will impact the profitability and success of the Mears Group portfolio.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Administration of the Prophix tool, including but not limited to, maintaining the members of the cubes (adding new members and maintaining mapping tables), creating calculations within Prophix, creating, maintaining and scheduling processes to load data, implementing changes requested by management, maintenance of name sets, creating and maintaining workflow, development of new cubes as requested, etc.
- Assist with monthly close. Ensure that all data from the source systems as well as the non-ERP data needed to generate the month end reporting is completed accurately and timely. This includes validating the data and developing validation and exception reports to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the data loaded into Prophix and reported out of Prophix.
- Transition management reports from excel to Prophix to improve the integrity, timeliness and distribution of those reports to our management team. As more data is housed in Prophix, more reports will be needed.
- Establish, maintain, and control systems which verify the integrity of all processes and data loaded into Prophix and reported out of Prophix. This includes documentation of the current environment and all changes. As the administrator, it is imperative that we develop and maintain good documentation of all our reports, processes, etc.
- Identify, develop, and improve best practices for data management procedures and streamlining data consolidation.
- Work closely with IT personnel in creating and maintaining data integrations with other ERP systems as well as Excel files. A basic understanding of SQL is preferred to perform this task.
- Work closely with corporate and operations finance personnel ensuring the highest level of customer service to the users of Prophix as well as the users of the reports generated out of Prophix.
- Provide management with information that will supply them with the tools to make good decisions and measure the performance of our companies.
- Develop training materials and provide training to our users.
- Work on new data integrations as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- Bachelor’s in Finance or Accounting with 4-6 years of progressive responsibility in financial/management experience.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Basic SQL Knowledge
- Working knowledge of Hyperion a plus
- Construction or manufacturing industry backgrounds within a large public company will represent the best cultural fit within the Company
- Strong leadership skills – a good communicator and an active listener with a commanding interpersonal presence – tempered by a strong affinity for team play
- An appreciation for detail-oriented management processes; a proven strategic thinker with effective execution skills
- Good problem-solving skills including trouble shooting and resolving issues with processes, reports etc.
- Ability to work independently and provide timely updates on the status of open tasks/projects
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to organize and prioritize work
- Practiced in discretion, with experience handling confidential matters
- Business acumen – Skilled at helping organizations make informed decisions that deliver bottom-line results
- Excellent communicator – Possess strong oral and written skills; articulate and clear both in person and in print
- Analytical – Incisive analytical skills and the ability to make critical assessments.
- Service-oriented - Approachable, flexible, and responsive.
Working Environment/Physical Demands:
General office physical demands which can include: the ability to sit, stand, stoop, kneel, bend and walk. The ability to lift or carry up to 25 pounds. The ability to sit for sustained periods of time. The ability to demonstrate the manual dexterity necessary to operate a keyboard, calculator, and/or typewriter.