'To be considered for this position, please attach your updated resume with the application.'
John Deere Construction Equipment Dealership with multiple locations serving Southern California, Nevada and Idaho is looking for a Field Service Technician for our Meridian, Idaho location.
Independently perform in-field equipment diagnostics and repairs by operating a mobile service vehicle and traveling to customer locations. Candidates require a strong work ethic to complete a task efficiently with minimal supervision. Individual will serve as an in-field representative for the dealership to provide service solutions. Communication skills required to clearly articulate aspects of work being performed to a customer in a courteous and effective manner.
- Perform diagnostics and repairs on John Deere equipment and technology
- Performs diagnostics and repairs in the field as required
- Maintains accurate inventory of parts kept in stock on service vehicle
- Mentors Service Technician and Apprentice Technicians
- Identify and communicate solutions for customer service opportunities in area of responsibility
- Accountable for billable time and assigned work orders
- Responsible for complete and thorough documentation of diagnostics and repairs performed on work orders and on time submittal of information.
- May participate in Service Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge
- Operates and maintains vehicles, tools and equipment required to perform job responsibilities
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge
- 5+ years of experience performing service repairs; demonstrated experience consistently meeting performance metrics preferred
- Experience performing repairs and maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures on machines of the Technician’s specialty
- Experience with the mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in off road, construction, or heavy equipment
- Experience operating vehicles, tools, and equipment for diagnostic purposes
- Experience with basic computer functions; experience using Service ADVISOR™ or other computer based diagnostic repair tools preferred Experience working cooperatively in a team environment
- Experience communicating effectively verbally and in writing
- Must have an adequate toolset to perform job responsibilities
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license required; CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) preferred
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Authorized to work in US.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test.
- Due to safety regulations you must be 18 to apply.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and the ability to distinguish printed color.
Benefits (As per company policy- benefits will be available after 90 days of employment):
- Health, dental, vision,
- Paid Time off
- Paid Holidays
Wage: $32-40 (The hourly salary for this position ranges from $32 - $40. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum salary for this position, and individual hourly rate will be based on your skills, qualifications, and experience.)
Coastline Equipment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or marital status. Coastline Equipment complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.