Reporting to the CTO, the Jr. Systems Administrator will maintain a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network. The ideal candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation. The Junior Systems Administrator will also setup and configure server hardware, networking hardware and backup systems as required. act as desktop support for end-users.
- Provide technical and desktop support for end-users, respond to inquiries, and provide solutions as needed
- Provide system configuration, maintenance and upgrades
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications
- Keep an eye out for needed updates
- Support and administer third-party applications
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Resolve problems reported by end users
- Ensure well-defined network policies and procedures; update as needed
- Specify system requirements and design solutions
- Conduct research and make recommendations on server system administration and changes
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Maintain relationships with all end users and provides support
Essential Soft Skills/Experience/Education:
- Degree in Information Systems or related field with 3+ years experience
- Ability to review and understand documentation systems, offer support as needed
- Relevant certifications and trainings such as MCSA, VCP and CCNA preferred
- Proven experience as a junior system admin or with advanced support tasks
- Experience managing active directory and servers
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Outstanding communication abilities
- Experience with Desktop Central or Microsoft SCCM preferred
- Experience with light scripting preferred (Powershell, VBscript)
- Self driven, curious person who will ask questions when they have them.
- Be driven to learn and expand experience without needing direction.
- Be a jack of all trades with network gear, servers, desktop support, video conferencing and other IT related hardware and software.