Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent Care & Medical Care)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Tuition Assistance
Balfour Beatty Rail (BBR), currently undertaking the $1B+ Caltrain Electrification Project in San Mateo, CA are seeking a Signal Inspector to join our team. Estimated completing of the project is set for 2024. The project consists of electrifying a 56-mile corridor from San Francisco to San Jose; with construction of overhead catenary systems, substations, track and rolling stock. The team is currently seeking a Scheduling Manager to join the project. The Scheduling Manager is responsible for the development, planning and coordination of the entire schedule for the project and CPM including supervision of scheduling staff.
- Manage and direct all planning and scheduling functions including time impact analysis, forensic analysis of changes, as built updating, narrative, and schedule revenue. Projects range from large, extensive project or group of smaller projects. Includes personnel administration and staffing activities, establishing objectives, providing technical direction and support, employee development, etc.
- Develop/implement project scheduling standards and procedures, monitor compliance, and initiate corrective measures as necessary.
- Insure all planning and scheduling activities such as schedule development, updates progress reporting and problem analysis activities comply with company and client requirements.
- Provide consultation to company personnel, A/E's, primes and subcontractors, clients, etc. in planning and schedule analysis providing options for problem solution.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's and/or project management's direction.
- 8 years of similar construction scheduling experience or any equivalent combination of training and/or related experience.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or a related Engineering discipline required.
- Experience in current Primavera software including resource and revenue loading.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills required for the role.
- Advanced degree and Professional Engineer registration is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of diversified schedule engineering systems, principles and practices plus proven ability, creativity, and mature judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented problems essential.
- Local applicants of San Mateo are highly encourage to apply.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.