Delta Fire was formed in 1963 by fire protection engineers William A. Pickett and Nels C. Sparr. The duo wanted to build a professional organization they could be personally proud of. With that goal in mind, and their leadership and ability to attract good people, Delta Fire has grown to be one of the largest and most respected fire protection contractors in the intermountain area.
For years our main business focused on the design, installation and service of fire prevention and fire suppression services, but our alarm security and monitoring divisions are growing rapidly. Delta Fire currently employs more than 180 people, and we have experience in a variety of markets, including: commercial, residential, industrial, energy and power, mining, government and military.
We are headquartered in Salt Lake City, but have a total of seven office locations to serve a huge part of the intermountain area, including the Salt Lake Valley and southern Utah, Reno and northwest Nevada, and southern Idaho.
Delta Fire was acquired by APi Group, Inc. in 2008 and since then it has been able to benefit from the synergy of more than 35 companies; including competitive manufacturer pricing, robust insurance and bonding, and extensive safety and leadership training and resources. We are an industry leader in the installation of pre-action, foam, deluge, carbon dioxide and other clean agent and special hazard systems.
Delta Fire is committed to customer satisfaction and cutting edge technology, and we work hard to service our customers’ systems safely and quickly. We have an incredible safety record, and also believe in using sustainable business practices to improve and protect our environment.
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K
- Employee Stock Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- APi PerksSpot (online discount store)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health and Wellness Program
- Learn to Live (online mental health resources)
The Receptionist is responsible for clerical and administrative functions necessary for successful operation of office communications. He/She will efficiently and effectively assist all office and field personnel in administrative duties, including tasks for the Monitoring department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain schedule for, and coordination of, office meetings, and conferences. Including but not limited to, scheduling organizing meeting attendees, ordering meals, set-up and clean-up of meeting room.
- Provide administrative support for managers and office staff
- Maintain all office spaces including lunch room, meeting rooms, supply closets, and reception area; ensure all are clean, organized, and well-kept
- Responsible for supply inventory: ordering, stocking, and distributing office supplies
- Collecting and distributing incoming and outgoing mail, as well as other correspondence
- Collections and Accounts Receivables
- Other duties and special projects as assigned and required
- Answer phone calls in a respectful and friendly fashion.
- Forward phone calls to the correct individual, after confirming whether or not that person is available. Don't just forward to someone's voicemail--get them in touch with someone.
- Field calls from potential customers and record all contact info if the applicable department is not available. Relay information same day.
- Assist with all paperwork as needed.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Organizational Savvy: Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Time Management, Problem Solving, Coordination, and Planning Proficient: Proficiently, accurately, and successfully prioritizing, coordinating and planning tasks, projects, events, meetings, scheduling, and anything else that may be required.
- Demonstrates Support of Managers: Respectfully meeting the demands of and completing the tasks and projects for superiors.
- Maintains an Organized and Presentable Office and Workspace: Understanding the importance of how the appearance and state of the office directly reflects the image of the company.
- Presents Self with a Professional Behavior and Attitude: Presenting themselves in a professional, composed and appropriate manner at all times.
This is an entry-level full-time position, based on the needs of the right candidate. All Delta employees are provided with training and other growth and development opportunities, both personally, and professionally, throughout the entirety of their employment.
All qualified applicants with Delta Fire Systems Inc. will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor