Position Title: RN/Supports Coordinator
Department: Care Management
Reports To: Chief Clinical Officer
Perform assessment of and coordinate activities related to participant’s functional and medical needs. Implement care plans to meet identified needs by providing care management services.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Responsible for conducting medical and functional assessments of participant health needs along with supporting social, financial, environmental, and emotional needs with Social Worker Supports Coordinator.
2. Facilitate and coordinate the development of a person centered service plan of care in conjunction with Social Worker Supports Coordinator, participant, and other identified supports.
3. Consult with Chief Clinical Officer for case status, Medicaid eligibility, and service needs.
4. Maintain participant files while utilizing a tracking system for participants that are receiving services to meet their needs.
5. Provide information and assist participants with connecting to community services and resources.
6. Maintain and review quality and state standards for the coordination of care and person-centered service plan for participants.
7. Document all assessments, person centered service plans, and progress notes in a timely manner while ensuring all agency and MDHHS procedures are met.
8. Supports the agency’s mission, vision, and its values.
9. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements:
Associate’s degree in Nursing, or Registered Nurse and one to two years of related experience. Must have current Michigan Registered Nurse license.
At least one year of experience working with the elderly. Nursing home experience a plus.
• Excellent problem solving, decision-making and negotiation skills
• Ability to lead by example in a professional and respectful manner
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to communicate agency mission to clients and staff
• Ability to work well with and respond to questions from all levels of internal management and staff, as well as older adults, persons with disabilities, providers, and members of the general public
• Ability to interpret regulations and standards to staff and vendors
• Able to define problems, collect and analyze data
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance with limited direction
• Capacity for strong organizational skills and ability to work on various projects at one time
• Capacity to operate standard office equipment, including a personal computer, using program applications appropriate to assigned duties
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
MS Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, etc. and software specific to the agency for data gathering and storage.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Listening, hearing and speaking abilities required by this job include ability to communicate and exchange information adequate for conversation, information gathering, and telephone communication. The employee is frequently required to sit at a computer for long periods of time. May be required to perform repetitive motions of the hands, fingers, and wrists to do data entry. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. The employee may be required to negotiate entering and exiting various properties/locations (this may include properties with stairs and without accessible entrances/exits). Must be able to negotiate uneven terrain, stairs, and interiors of homes in various environments. The employee must travel in all kinds of weather and have reliable transportation.
Position requires employee to maintain an in-office workstation, but may periodically perform some duties in an information secure home office with supervisor approval.
DIVISION OF DUTIES
Participant contact is @ 40% of duties, travel is @ 40% of duties, data entry, and telephone work is @ 20% of duties.
40 hours per week
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Salary range is subject to adjustment.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.