Systems Administrator – Information Technology
Reading Partners is changing the education landscape. We are a leader in working to solve the literacy crisis in our country by leveraging community volunteers in under-resourced schools. Our diverse and expansive volunteer base provides one-on-one tutoring to students twice weekly, and our program is proven to help children master the reading fundamentals they need to unlock their potential as successful and confident readers in school and in life. Our people are our heartbeat and our greatest resource; we are all passionately rallied around our mission to help children become lifelong learners by empowering communities to provide individualized instruction that works. Join our stellar team leading the charge to deepen our impact and expand our service. Watch this video to learn more about Reading Partners.
The high level:
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the System Administrator’s (SA) primary role is to maintain all current Reading Partners’ enterprise technology systems within the organization and lead future implementation projects. This role is critical in supporting Reading Partners’ goals and objectives because it provides all stakeholders with access to the proper tools and systems to successfully perform their jobs.
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, administration, and maintenance of systems, software, and IT infrastructure. The SA ensures our AmeriCorps members and staff have access to our systems and networks, as requested, and follows procedures that align with organizational values and policies and ensures compliance with data privacy and sharing regulations. The SA will also assist the Director of Information Technology with all project-based initiatives and escalations as needed.
What you’ll do:
Own System Administration of the following Reading Partners’ systems.
- Okta - Manage Okta Integrations and administer access to business-critical applications
- G-suite - Manage Google Organizational Unit structure and rights given at the OU level
- Jira Service Desk - Manage Jira Service Desk in its current state while owning the implementation of improvements based on direction from the Director of IT
- Sophos Antivirus - Manage and document Sophos Console
- Learn and assist with ownership of the Reading Partners remote tutoring system
- Library - take over IT duties related to our internal intranet site
- Ownership of systems related documentation
Support the Jira Service Desk:
- Serve as the primary escalation point for the Tier 1 Technicians
- Handle high-level business escalations per direction from the Director of IT
- Partner with other business units for high priority meeting support
- Develop and continually refine process documentation
- Backup and restore data from IT-owned and operated systems
- Perform assigned entry-level Salesforce tasks as needed
- Assist in troubleshooting RP system outages
- Create and verify backup user data on GSuite and Salesforce systems
- Apply operations system updates, patches, and configuration changes
- Monitor all Meraki endpoints, perform monthly infrastructure resets
- Learn existing Okta integrations and lead future integrations of business applications
- Lead upcoming Endpoint Management implementation project
- Co-lead evaluation of current service desk system and compare with other systems
Other duties as assigned.
How you’ll do it:
- Effectively and efficiently communicate with a wide variety of staff and stakeholders across all levels of the organization via email, via phone, and in person, etc.
- Maintain a positive, open attitude and collaborative approach toward working with others. Provide excellent customer service.
- Demonstrate an ability to see and pay attention to details, recognize the component parts of a process, and verify the correctness and/or errors in parts of the process.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify actions necessary to achieve goals and to maintain results. Able to meet schedules, deadlines, etc.
- Demonstrate a technical savviness to leverage the administrative tools available for all RP systems within the IT portfolio (Okta, GSuite Admin, Meraki Cloud Security Appliance Port, Salesforce Admin Portal, Spanning backup and archival, Sophos antivirus, Cloud management tools).
You’ll be successful in this role if you have:
- Mid-level to advanced experience with Mac and Windows administration
- 4+ years of experience in IT system administration
- Extensive experience with Service Desk management tools and problem resolution
- Experience with System Integration Projects
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues of IT managed systems
- Boast a deep belief in our mission
- Root your work in our core values
- Can prove eligibility to work legally in the U.S.
Bonus Points if you have:
- Jira Service Desk experience
- Experience with Okta Implementations
- Experience with Endpoint Management Systems
- Experience mentoring Desktop Support staff
What we offer:
Reading Partners offers the full package – great benefits, a great place to work, and the opportunity to have a glowing and growing career.
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. This is a full-time, exempt (salaried) position.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, flex spending accounts, generous paid time off, commuter benefits, 403(b) option, and Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- We offer an exciting and dynamic culture, and we commit to investing in and supporting our amazing people to grow their careers with us.
The other things you need to know:
- Typical Physical & Mental Demands: Requires prolonged sitting with some bending, stooping and stretching, and eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, telephone, photocopier, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to communicate with volunteers and staff. Also requires flexibility to readily adapt to a changing environment.
If you’re interested in joining our Reading Partners team, please submit the following application materials to our online job posting:
- A cover letter describing your interest in Reading Partners and how your past experience has prepared you for this role. Please include your compensation needs.