Geosyntec is looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer with strong solid waste experience to join our growing geotechnical engineering group in our Boca Raton, Florida office. This person will have an entrepreneurial attitude, be enthusiastic and support business development efforts to expand Geosyntec’s market share. Our ideal candidate would have project experience and skills to projects involving landfills, transfer stations, surface impoundments, geotechnical and hydrogeologic investigations, solid waste planning, and other solid waste management systems.
Geosyntec prides itself in hiring the most highly qualified professionals who have a diverse skillset, an advance innovative mindset, and can effectively develop forward-thinking ideas.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. We operate under a sell-manage-do culture, and so we expect that you’d work on challenging technical projects while leveraging your existing knowledge and experience to help Geosyntec expand its current practices and capabilities through business development and client management. You may also be asked to take on project management responsibilities, along with staff management and development, and mentoring tasks.
Some of the key responsibilities for the position include:
- Civil design, landfill and transfer station design, and stormwater design;
- Engineering analyses such as settlement, static and seismic slope stability, liquefaction, hydrologic and landfill gas modeling, and stormwater calculations;
- Preparation of design calculations, engineering drawings, technical specifications, and permit applications;
- Fieldwork associated with geotechnical and hydrogeologic investigations, design and construction services;
- project/task management;
- Understanding of local, state and federal regulations related to solid waste; and
- Assisting in the development of proposals and other business development activities.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants
- Fieldwork and overnight travel as needed
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- BS degree in Civil or Geotechnical engineering. (required)
- Advanced degree in civil or geotechnical engineering. (preferred)
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) registration in Florida, or ability to become registered in Florida within one year after start of employment. (required)
- NCEES Record for PE comity. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 8 years of progressive experience in consulting industry. (required)
- Demonstrated business development and project management experience. (required)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (preferred)
- Strong oral and technical writing skills. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.