If you are looking for a place to start your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry-recognized professionals, Geosyntec is the place for you! As a Staff Geotechnical or Geoenvironmental Engineer in our San Francisco Bay Area Branch you will have the opportunity to apply your academic knowledge to real-world situations on projects involving site characterization; landfill design and construction; static and seismic slope stability evaluations; civil infrastructure design; applications of geosynthetics, geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring; and regulatory compliance, while learning the business skills needed for a successful consulting career.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR as #46 among the Top 500 Design Firms, and with multiple Top 20 ENR rankings in specialty areas, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the position include:
- Conducting geotechnical field investigations;
- Monitoring heavy civil construction projects;
- Performing and reviewing engineering calculations;
- Landfill design and permitting;
- Developing construction documents; and
- Writing and reviewing engineering reports.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture.
Other things to know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring which is paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful engineering consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 50%
- Overnight travel: Up to 30%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in civil and/or environmental engineering. (required)
- Advanced degree in geotechnical/geoenvironmental engineering. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior internship or work experience in engineering consulting. (preferred)
- Experience with geotechnical and engineering software such as AutoCAD Civil 3D, Slope/W, Seep/W, SLIDE, PLAXIS, etc. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits