Fire Alarm & Detection Outside Sales
Delta Fire was formed in 1963 by fire protection engineers William A. Pickett and Nels C. Sparr. The duo wanted to build a professional organization they could be personally proud of. With that goal in mind, and their leadership and ability to attract good people, Delta Fire has grown to be one of the largest and most respected fire protection contractors in the intermountain area.
For years our main business focused on the design, installation and service of fire prevention and fire suppression services, but our alarm security and monitoring divisions are growing rapidly. Delta Fire currently employs more than 180 people, and we have experience in a variety of markets, including: commercial, residential, industrial, energy and power, mining, government and military.
We are headquartered in Salt Lake City, but have a total of seven office locations to serve a huge part of the intermountain area, including the Salt Lake Valley and southern Utah, Reno and northwest Nevada, and southern Idaho.
Delta Fire was acquired by APi Group, Inc. in 2008 and since then it has been able to benefit from the synergy of more than 35 companies; including competitive manufacturer pricing, robust insurance and bonding, and extensive safety and leadership training and resources. We are an industry leader in the installation of pre-action, foam, deluge, carbon dioxide and other clean agent and special hazard systems.
Delta Fire is committed to customer satisfaction and cutting edge technology, and we work hard to service our customers’ systems safely and quickly. We have an incredible safety record, and also believe in using sustainable business practices to improve and protect our environment.
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Profit Sharing plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
This position is responsible for developing new account sales, leases and service agreements for buyers of low voltage products and fire alarm services within markets that include healthcare, education, commercial, municipal, correctional and multi-family residential. This position requires a person to be capable of working in a collaborative team environment.
- Establish contact with prospective and qualified potential buyers of low voltage products and fire alarm inspections and services by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads and outlined marketing strategies
- Complete the sale of fire alarm systems and upgrades supporting recurring monthly service customers (maintenance, monitoring, test and inspection)
- Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog to support the established sales plan
- Maintain existing database and develop and maintain new customer relationship to ensure growth
- Support other Delta Teams in their initiatives as they relate to your territory
- Complete understanding of all Company sales pricing worksheets and Company contract terms
- Create and conduct effective proposal presentations, identifying the prospect’s fire and life safety issues, the effects of the problems and solutions offered
- 5+ years experience in the Fire Protection Industry preferred
- Experience working with and selling Fire Alarm and Fire Suppression
- Experience working with electrical contractors, ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams
- Strong prospecting skills
- Proven ability to close sales and achieve sales quotas
- Possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills, solid presentation skills and closing techniques
- Familiarity with Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word software is highly recommended
- Travel is required in the territory and within the state
- Possess a valid Driver’s License; in accordance with Company policy
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug test and background check
All qualified applicants with Delta Fire Systems, Inc. will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor