Fire Alarm & Detection Technician Trainee
Delta Fire was formed in 1963 by fire protection engineers William A. Pickett and Nels C. Sparr. The duo wanted to build a professional organization they could be personally proud of. With that goal in mind, and their leadership and ability to attract good people, Delta Fire has grown to be one of the largest and most respected fire protection contractors in the intermountain area.
For years our main business focused on the design, installation and service of fire prevention and fire suppression services, but our alarm security and monitoring divisions are growing rapidly. Delta Fire currently employs more than 180 people, and we have experience in a variety of markets, including: commercial, residential, industrial, energy and power, mining, government and military.
Delta Fire was acquired by APi Group, Inc. in 2008 and since then it has been able to benefit from the synergy of more than 35 companies; including competitive manufacturer pricing, robust insurance and bonding, and extensive safety and leadership training and resources. We are an industry leader in the installation of pre-action, foam, deluge, carbon dioxide and other clean agent and special hazard systems.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
The function of this position is to assist the lead Alarm & Detection Technician in providing reliable, high quality customer support through on-site inspecting, installing, repairing and/or replacing fire alarm equipment as well as learning to conduct preventive maintenance services pertaining to many different manufacturers equipment. Delta Fire Systems is looking for an experienced Fire Alarm Technician. The preferred candidate will be outgoing, highly self-motivated, and able to problem solve. They will have strong communication skills and a professional image as well as able to learn all aspects of a project from install to programming, strong troubleshooting skills, and service work.
- Site verification of fire alarm installations
- Analysis of blue prints
- Coordination with other disciplines, engineers, general contractors and end users
- Interact with clients, field personnel and Fire Marshals
- Permit management
- Management of Fire Alarm Installations from conception to completion
- Desires a career in fire protection
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Completion of one NICET level exam within the first year of employment is required
- Experience with technology such as iPad, smartphone, etc.
- Possess a valid driver’s license; in accordance with Company policy
- Clean appearance and reliable transportation in accordance with Company Health & Safety Pocketbook
- Willing to pass post-offer drug screen, background and reference check
All qualified applicants with Delta Fire Systems, Inc. will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor