Delta Fire was formed in 1963 by fire protection engineers William A. Pickett and Nels C. Sparr. The duo wanted to build a professional organization they could be personally proud of. With that goal in mind, and their leadership and ability to attract good people, Delta Fire has grown to be one of the largest and most respected fire protection contractors in the intermountain area.
For years our main business focused on the design, installation and service of fire prevention and fire suppression services, but our alarm security and monitoring divisions are growing rapidly. Delta Fire currently employs more than 100 people, and we have experience in a variety of markets, including: commercial, residential, industrial, energy and power, mining, government and military.
We are headquartered in Salt Lake City, but have a total of six office locations to serve a huge part of the intermountain area, including the Salt Lake Valley and southern Utah, Reno and northwest Nevada, and southern Idaho.
Delta Fire was acquired by APi Group, Inc. in 2008 and since then it has been able to benefit from the synergy of more than 35 companies; including competitive manufacturer pricing, robust insurance and bonding, and extensive safety and leadership training and resources. We are an industry leader in the installation of pre-action, foam, deluge, ultra high speed and carbon dioxide systems.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
This role will require the successful candidate to be licensed as a fire sprinkler inspector, fire alarm inspector, and a fire extinguisher inspector. The Fire Protection Inspector is responsible for performing scheduled or unscheduled maintenance on fire extinguishers, fire alarms, and fire sprinklers in both residential and commercial spaces.
- Performance of daily, weekly, monthly and/or annual inspections and preventative maintenance services on various sized fire extinguishers, fire alarms, and fire sprinkler systems
- Repair, replace, fill and tag all fire extinguishers
- Service and test all systems
- Complete electronic and/or hand written inspection reports
- Document time worked as well as all paperwork relating to assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Assist the scheduling and completion of assigned duties
- Ability to work independently and use provided personal protective equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two years of experience in the fire protection industry required
- Have an understanding of NFPA and building and fire codes
- Ability to communicate effectively; both verbally and written
- Valid driver’s license; in accordance with company policy required
- Able to pass a post-offer drug test and background check
- Ability to lift up to 100lbs with or without reasonable accommodation
- Regular bending, reaching, climbing and walking
All qualified applicants with Delta Fire Systems Inc. will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor