APi is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
We are currently seeking an International Tax Manager. In this role, you will provide international tax expertise to subsidiary companies and assist with international tax compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To include, but not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with a cross functional team (often Treasury, Legal and Accounting) to execute tax planning and repatriation strategies
- Research, analyze and interpret outbound US international tax laws and principles
- Prepare tax calculations and models
- Coordinate with external tax advisors on various international tax matters
- Review and assist with regard to international tax forms such as Forms 1118, 5471, 8858, disclosures and related forms
- Review and assist with preparation of the international tax provision
- Assist local country controllers with local tax issues, including understanding the US tax impact of these issues, maintaining the global tax calendar and monitoring any local country tax examinations
- Coordinate with outside advisors and internal stakeholders to comply with transfer pricing policies, manage documentation requirements and support examinations.
- Provide tax support to the treasury function as needed. This can involve advice regarding cash movements, debt issuance, hedging and pensions. Common requirements include interpreting U.S. Income Tax Treaties, and preparing KYC, FATCA and CRS entity self-certification documentation (W-8BEN-E, W-8IMY, etc.) as well as management of foreign withholding taxes.
- Provide technical tax accounting advice on various international tax accounting issues (e.g., intercompany transactions, business combinations, valuation allowances, debt instruments, etc.)
- Assist with global acquisitions and structuring including due diligence
- Help draft policies and ensure compliance with the Company's internal control framework including key Sarbanes-Oxley controls and periodically updating control narratives
Other responsibilities will be added as appropriate. Our objective is to provide a challenging environment to increase the potential for your advancement within the APi companies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Understanding of US international tax concepts
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written when working with all levels of management and employees, clients, external vendors and other business associates.
- Ability to clearly communicate directions and information.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, management, vendors and clients
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Flexibility and ability to work under changing priorities and peak workloads
- Ability to handle confidential information in a trustworthy manner
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of professional conduct at all times
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and four or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA preferred.
Must have intimate knowledge of the Microsoft Office programs, and have the ability to perform high-level function in them. Able to learn to use the in-house accounting systems.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Requires sitting
- Requires ability to move around an office environment
- Requires telephone conversations
- Requires use of electronic mail
- Requires reading and creating letters, documents and memos
- Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams
- Requires contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise)
- Requires being exact or highly accurate
- Requires meeting strict deadlines
- Requires work with others in a group or team, Includes responsibility for work outcomes and results
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions with moderate office equipment noise levels
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.